Oasis - Embarcation time

Hello!

How does embarcation time work?

I am sailing on Oasis July 21 - the embarcation time I have on my Booking Confirmation is 2 pm. Doesn't that seem kind of late for a 5 pm departure, given the size of the ship?

I imagine there staggered times for boarding?

What happens if I show up at 1 pm?

Everyone's documents say 2pm, but everyone I know shows up between 10am - 11am. Two in the afternoon isn't necessarily late for a 5pm departure, but a good majority of people will already be onboard by that time.

When I was Oasis in April, no problem with just showing up early. I usually show up about eleven AM and board pretty soon after that. Only once did I have to wait - and that was because the ship was being inspected. So come when you want. You can have lunch on the ship.

There is no actual set time for embarcation. Trust me, if everyone showed up at 2PM, it would be mobbed. Typically, passengers start to show up about 10:30, and as soon as they get processed, they will be allowed to board. Once you get your seapass card, you are good to go. As long as all of the passengers are off of the ship from the previous cruise, new passengers will be allowed on the ship.

Sorry, just to ask something about this also.

We are on the Oasis in November, We plan to go to the hard rock cafe before boarding so we can add to our souvenier collection of glasses. This doesnt open until eleven however, So my question is, What time does boarding close so we can make sure we are there about an hour and a half before?

Thanks

Also remember that the cabins are not available until 1 pm. The fire doors in the hallways are closed and locked - you cannot just slip into your cabin to put your things down. So... you will be carrying any hand luggage until that time. Just a reminder. :)

Sorry, just to ask something about this also.

We are on the Oasis in November, We plan to go to the hard rock cafe before boarding so we can add to our souvenier collection of glasses. This doesnt open until eleven however, So my question is, What time does boarding close so we can make sure we are there about an hour and a half before?

Thanks

Boarding doesn't close until 3:30 or 4:00.

Yours is a perfect plan! Have a nice relaxing lunch and then get to the ship by 1:00 or so. Then, go straight to your cabin ..... no sluffing around your carry-ons.

Have a Great Cruise!! :)

Archived