Open Passages and OBC?

vickykay

Hi. Does one receive an OBC from Celebrity when purchasing an Open Passages certificate or only when actually booking a specific cruise? We are thinking of booking or purchasing a certificate while on the Summit next week.

Thanks,

Vicky

You get OBC with your FUTURE CRUISE BOOKING. The amount will differ depend on the length of the cruise:7 days gets less than 14 days. Keep in mind that if you decided to cancel your cruise booking after you pick the cruise - you will loose your $200 deposit.

We did a future cruise booking on the Infinity, but after checking with our TA used them, as they were cheaper than Celeb. Our TA offered $200 OBC, Celeb was $300 OBC and we got both!! I should be going to Guest Relations on the last day to get money off them for a change!!

Simon

We did a future cruise booking on the Infinity, but after checking with our TA used them, as they were cheaper than Celeb. Our TA offered $200 OBC, Celeb was $300 OBC and we got both!! I should be going to Guest Relations on the last day to get money off them for a change!!

Simon

Hi Simon

I am sorry for my ignorance but could you please explain how you got both OBC's?

Thanks

pkw

Hi Simon

I am sorry for my ignorance but could you please explain how you got both OBC's?

Thanks

pkw

Booking on board or buying an open passage from Celebrity will get you OBC from Celebrity. If you use a TA for your booking or transfer the booking to a TA they may kick back some of their commission to you as OBC, pre paid gratuities, SR dining, etc. Since the TA OBC is from outside Celebrity they are combinable. The Celebrity OBC is non refundable while the TA OBC is refundable. Celebrity will always use the non refundable OBC first than the refundable. Any left over will be returned to your credit/check card. ~ Ric

Booking on board or buying an open passage from Celebrity will get you OBC from Celebrity. If you use a TA for your booking or transfer the booking to a TA they may kick back some of their commission to you as OBC, pre paid gratuities, SR dining, etc. Since the TA OBC is from outside Celebrity they are combinable. The Celebrity OBC is non refundable while the TA OBC is refundable. Celebrity will always use the non refundable OBC first than the refundable. Any left over will be returned to your credit/check card. ~ Ric

Thanks very much for that explanation Ric - could I just confirm - if I buy an open passage whilst onboard and then see a promotion from Celebrity with some onboard credit as part of the deal then I would not get both - only the one from the open passage. Whereas if I transfer my booking to a TA they may choose to give me some OBC outside of Celebrity and would get both.

I think I have got it but if you could confirm that would be great.

Thanks again.

pkw

You get OBC with your FUTURE CRUISE BOOKING. The amount will differ depend on the length of the cruise:7 days gets less than 14 days. Keep in mind that if you decided to cancel your cruise booking after you pick the cruise - you will loose your $200 deposit.

I went thru this recently. I booked a cruise and then decided to cancel. I was told that if I canceled I would lose my $200 and to avoid that I needed to transfer it to another cruise. I did that but did not get any of the promos for a new booking because it was not a new booking as it was now one that already existed.

Thanks very much for that explanation Ric - could I just confirm - if I buy an open passage whilst onboard and then see a promotion from Celebrity with some onboard credit as part of the deal then I would not get both - only the one from the open passage. Whereas if I transfer my booking to a TA they may choose to give me some OBC outside of Celebrity and would get both.

I think I have got it but if you could confirm that would be great.

Thanks again.

pkw

Exactly correct. However, you would be allowed to take the OBC that benefits you the most. RCL does allow booking on board and Diamond discount for balcony and above to be combined.

I went thru this recently. I booked a cruise and then decided to cancel. I was told that if I canceled I would lose my $200 and to avoid that I needed to transfer it to another cruise. I did that but did not get any of the promos for a new booking because it was not a new booking as it was now one that already existed.

Correct. We never use passages. We book the cruise we want or any cruise. The when we find one we want we XFER the booking and keep our OBC but lose the three catorgy upgrade. We rarely do this however. ~ Ric

[/size][/font]

I wish the people at the front desk on the Solstice were told this. We hadn't spent all our obcs going into the last day of our cruise in May . We had $300 from Celebrity and $200 from our TA. We went to the front desk to see how they handled the $60 we had left and were told that if we didn't spend it all by 10pm that night, we'd lose it. My wife got a couple of nice Slostice shirts out of it.

Archived