Gift baskets

After reading the recent thread about the unappreciated gift basket I started thinking about things.....we haven't cruised with RCL since they started them so I have a question.

I'm pretty sure when DH and I cruise together we will get one basket for the two of us (we're both Diamond) but maybe we will each get our own beverage selection.

But if I cruise with a friend (no relation, separate address, etc.) who is also Diamond, would we get two baskets?

Thanks!

After reading the recent thread about the unappreciated gift basket I started thinking about things.....we haven't cruised with RCL since they started them so I have a question.

I'm pretty sure when DH and I cruise together we will get one basket for the two of us (we're both Diamond) but maybe we will each get our own beverage selection.

But if I cruise with a friend (no relation, separate address, etc.) who is also Diamond, would we get two baskets?

Thanks!

I recently cruised with a family member, different C&A status and different address in the same cabin.

She got her D gift basket and beverage selection and I got my D+ basket and beverage selection.

Each cabin gets a basket, and each person gets a beverage. The basket and beverages start at Emerald. It's not just a D or D+ perk. D+ and Pinnacle can select an alcoholic beverage (beer or wine) as their choice. While Emerald and Diamond have a choice of soda, water or juice. In your profile, there is a "gift preference" tab where you can select your beverage.

I would think there would be separate baskets for individuals who have separate onboard accounts, separate households, etc. But, who knows,like anything else, why RCI does things differently at different times.

Last September I cruised with a friend from a different state (different address) and we got one basket and two drinks (we were d/d+). On another note, which I thought odd, was that we booked the Chef's Table separately but only got one cookbook...

are you saying rccl gives gift basket to d members? is this new?

On the C&A website under Member's Benefits, footnote #5.........

Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members will receive a pre-selected welcome gift basket on day one of their sailing. The pre-selected gift basket will consist of one sweet, one salty and one fruit snack which will be placed in the guest's stateroom.

The guest will also be able to go online to www.RoyalCaribbean.com/UpgradePreferences or call one of our Loyalty Representatives (www.RoyalCaribbean.com/ContactLoyalty) in their local offices to pre-select from a list of beverages to be included with their Welcome Basket. One beverage can be selected per guest 18 years of age or older. Preferences must be entered or updated for your upcoming cruise vacation up to 5 days before a US based sailing and 7 days for an internationally based sailing.

The beverage selection list for Emerald and Diamond members will include water, juice and soda items. In addition to the previous list Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members will be able to select certain beers, a house red wine, house white wine or house sparkling wine. If a guest has not selected an item then bottled water will be sent to the stateroom. House alcoholic brands may be substituted or changed upon available inventory.

Like many others have experienced, we are both Diamond Plus and have different addresses and last names; we recieve one basket and each get our beverage of choice. Our favorite way to get a second basket is to do a back to back!!

Last September I cruised with a friend from a different state (different address) and we got one basket and two drinks (we were d/d+). On another note, which I thought odd, was that we booked the Chef's Table separately but only got one cookbook...

When I called RCC they said different addresses should get 2 but that is not what they do. This is not right. We both have worked hard to get our D+ status

In Dec. on Jewel I received my basket & D+ drink and my cabin mate who is D received her basket & drink...so much for consistency...this Dec. I will be cruising with my D sister on the Monarch...we shall see what happens then...

Thanks so much for all your replies. I do feel that if two Diamond members are sharing a cabin but are not related and have different on board accounts they should each get a basket. But then, I don't run the cruise lines. And I do appreciate ANY gift that we receive.

Here's a good one:

Took my boyfriend on his first cruise last year. I'm diamond. We BOTH got the gift basket and drinks! :eek:

Maybe your boyfriend has a secret second life as mad cruiser.:D

Archived