Booze on Board

JahHaus

It has been three years since my last Celebrity cruise...we'll be on Equinox in March '12...has it become tougher or easier to sneak alcohol on board since then? I know I can bring two bottles of wine...how about a liter of Bombay?

It has been three years since my last Celebrity cruise...we'll be on Equinox in March '12...has it become tougher or easier to sneak alcohol on board since then? I know I can bring two bottles of wine...how about a liter of Bombay?

You have just opened Pandora's jar.:eek:

Depends on the cruise and, unfortunately, you never know ahead of time. I've been on cruises where I know lots of people have carried on bottles of spirits and others where every package was inspected and suitcases were scanned with special security scanners which detected liquid with even a trace of alcohol inside causing the cases to be diverted to a security room until opened by the owner.

If having your booze confiscated and destroyed is worth the uncertain risk to you then give it a try. Otherwise forgo the smuggling and buy your booze on board.

I see that you are fairly new to these boards....one of the best features of Cruise Critic is that you can search the boards....you will find dozens and dozens of posts on this. It's hard to answer definitively because of course there is no way of collecting any hard data, but I think that the general trend is at is harder now than in years past and you take a real chance that your luggage delivery will be delayed and that your bottle will be taken and not returned.

The answer is only one word: "Cheap" :rolleyes:

You may have something there. I don't get it though. With all the stuff that you inevitably find yourself bringing on a cruise, the thoughts of hauling a big bottle when you don't have to doesn't make any sense to me. (plus I'd cry if I had a contraband bottle of the good stuff and it was taken away from me...what a waste and I'd rather not go that route :().

You may have something there. I don't get it though. With all the stuff that you inevitably find yourself bringing on a cruise, the thoughts of hauling a big bottle when you don't have to doesn't make any sense to me. (plus I'd cry if I had a contraband bottle of the good stuff and it was taken away from me...what a waste and I'd rather not go that route :().

Plus it doesn't put the smuggler in a good light when they agreed not to smuggle booze when they accepted Celebrity's conditions when they booked their cruise, and then they go right ahead and do it. What does that say about the smuggler's honesty and integrity if they can't even honor their end of a simple agreement? :rolleyes:

But just watch. If Celebrity doesn't provide everything that they promised to from their end of the contract, the "smuggler" will raise holy hell about being cheated. But, they don't bat an eye cheating Celebrity. Go figure! Of course, they will come up with some lame justification for their actions, as if breaking their end of the agreement is somehow acceptable. :(

Plus it doesn't put the smuggler in a good light when they agreed not to smuggle booze when they accepted Celebrity's conditions when they booked their cruise, and then they go right ahead and do it. What does that say about the smuggler's honesty and integrity if they can't even honor their end of a simple agreement? :rolleyes:

But just watch. If Celebrity doesn't provide everything that they promised to from their end of the contract, the "smuggler" will raise holy hell about being cheated. But, they don't bat an eye cheating Celebrity. Go figure! Of course, they will come up with some lame justification for their actions, as if breaking their end of the agreement is somehow acceptable. :(

You are right. There is no need to smuggle any booze onboard. This why they have drink packages, so people who drink a lot can still be financially better off and tailor the package (NA to Premium) to suit their needs.:D

Archived