Al Bacio Cafe

mace1942

Another rumor bites the dust.

Also try the little chocolates at the end of the counter.:)

Those are excellent; one of the best kept secrets on the ship. I love the honey flavored ones. :)

I tried ordering some while on the Equinox in April '11 and was told they were only complimentary with beverage purchase. Everyone around me looked at me like I was commiting some kind of major blunder so didn't try again.:o

Probably someone was filling in there and did not know the policy (or was new). While there are very sporadic reports of people being denied food at Cafe al Bacio when not purchasing a beverage, this only occurs a tiny amount of the time. I have sailed twice on Equinox and enjoyed the free almond croissants frequently as well as the aforementioned chocolate squares.

They do sell gelato at Cafe al Bacio, or should I say at the gelateria adjacent to it. That is the only food item sold there.

I've head the gelato there is very good but the few times we've had such a treat away from the dinner we've just gone to the buffet where they have an excellent, no extra charge, ice cream stand open from lunch through the evening.

mgmigs,

On the equinox they are foil wrap squares in different flavors. They are on the end of the counter down by the cute triangle tea bags. while I was waiting for server to process my sea pass for my morning coffee to go I discovered them. Had one or two every day.

check them out when you are on board.

mgmigs,

On the equinox they are foil wrap squares in different flavors. They are on the end of the counter down by the cute triangle tea bags. while I was waiting for server to process my sea pass for my morning coffee to go I discovered them. Had one or two every day.

check them out when you are on board.

Whaaat...I missed some free chocolate :mad: definitely will seek those out on the Summit. Locpve chocolate with my cappucino!

Those are excellent; one of the best kept secrets on the ship. I love the honey flavored ones. :)

It must be a good secret. We were on the Solstice in January and never imagined that they were complimentary. Perhaps because I rarely saw anyone order any. I assumed they were complementary ONLY if you bought a beverage. Guess I should have asked. They looked very appetizing. (Now something to look forward to next time.)

M

Cafe al Bacio was one of our favorite features of the Equinox. It was the reason we ended up getting the classic non-alcoholic beverage backage and wil lfrom now on do so. To be able to enjoy good lattes, capppucinos, and yummy pastries while reading a book or using the laptop/iPad is so worth it! :D

gonzo,

Lets just keep that secret.;)

Those little chocolates were not available on our cruise on the Millennium June 1 sailing but the other pastries and cookies were free at Cafe Al Bacio. However, as I posted on one of my reviews, the staff at Bacio were not as friendly and accommodating as the staff on other parts of the ship. If you were sitting at the bar ordering a drink they were all gushy and friendly but if you were standing at the pastry case waiting they tended to ignore you until they couldn't any longer. :( Eventually, they would come over but it seemed somewhat reluctantly.

The pastries as I noted in a review and another cruiser also noted were very pretty to look at but rather bland - they looked better than they tasted. They all seemed to taste alike to me. The cookies were one of the highlights :) .

On the June 10 cruise on the Summit, al Bacio was our favorite place to hang out in the afternoon watching the ocean. Pastries are free (croissants are delicious) and they will bag any goodies for you to take out.

At lunch and for early afternoon they switch to tea sandwiches, and on my recent TA I twice had lunch at Cafe Al Bacio at a wonderful window table, with a selection of those small sandwiches, a sparkling water, and an iced coffee drink. Perfect!

Archived