Miami Limo Service Recommendations

drychi

Need a car with a private driver for 4 persons and their luggage. Not sure I know the difference between a private car and a limo.

A private car service is commonly a black Lincoln Town Car, often used in large cities like NYC as a cleaner step up from a taxi service. A limousine is more commonly a modified vehicle that has been "stretched" by cutting the vehicle in the middle and adding a section to make it much longer, adding more seating and custom amenities like wet-bars, lighting and moon-roofs, the type of vehicle used to transport the rich and famous and used by the rest on special occasions.

Edited by mondello

Need a car with a private driver for 4 persons and their luggage. Not sure I know the difference between a private car and a limo.

Go here:

http://www.padrinolimousine.com/

Click on our fleet, scroll down to Towncar. That is probably what you are looking for, if you scroll down a little further, find the 10 passenger limo, that is Limousine service.

You can then click on rates and figure out how much the private car will cost.

Not sure why you want private service, but hey, its your $$$. Remember five ride in a taxi for the same price (and in some cases 6-7).

Yogi

A private car service is commonly a black Lincoln Town Car, often used in large cities like NYC as a cleaner step up from a taxi service. A limousine is more commonly a modified vehicle that has been "stretched" by cutting the vehicle in the middle and adding a section to make it much longer, adding more seating and custom amenities like wet-bars, lighting and moon-roofs, the type of vehicle used to transport the rich and famous and used by the rest on special occasions.

Just wanted to add another possibility is to get an SUV which most limo companies offer in addition to limo and private cars. For four people and luggage it can be a lot more comfortable.

Another one to check out is Carey Limousines who has the SUV's.

This is a link to their web site.

http://www.carey.com/carey/

Keith

How about from Miami Hotel to Port of Miami for group of 19...and returning to hotel at end of cruise.

I've seen shuttle vans with enclosed luggage trailers, your group might fit in 2 big vans with trailers if the hotel or shuttle companies can accomodate you.

Thanks for the recommendations for Padrino and Cary's Limo service. Will investigate. Had a bad experience recently with Limousine from Limousines of South Florida not showing up on time, so wanted other alternatives for my next cruise.

Thanks for the recommendations for Padrino and Cary's Limo service. Will investigate. Had a bad experience recently with Limousine from Limousines of South Florida not showing up on time, so wanted other alternatives for my next cruise.

Hi again. The problem with limos down here is most of these Limo sites are shell websites. They operate out of their homes, they don't own a fleet but have a list of people who own limos (independent contractors) So they'll book Miguel Pepe Driver to pick you up. Well a couple weeks later Miguel either doesn't feel well or just booked a 6 hour wedding deal directly. Miguel says forget that one hour airport crap but doesn't tell anyone. So you are stuck and the shell company doesn't care. If too many people complain about them, they'll call up GoDaddy cancel that website and start another. You can usually tell the shell company websites by the stock photos of limos they use.

I have no vested interest in Padrino's Limo or any other place or service I recommend. However, I have used Padrino's to arrange for executive transportation and never had a problem. They own their own fleet and employ their drivers. Another company that can help is Meilan limo, while they are more geared to weddings but they have a famous local reputation for punctuality.

Edited by miamiyogi

Hi again. The problem with limos down here is most of these Limo sites are shell websites. They operate out of their homes, they don't own a fleet but have a list of people who own limos (independent contractors) So they'll book Miguel Pepe Driver to pick you up. Well a couple weeks later Miguel either doesn't feel well or just booked a 6 hour wedding deal directly. Miguel says forget that one hour airport crap but doesn't tell anyone. So you are stuck and the shell company doesn't care. If too many people complain about them, they'll call up GoDaddy cancel that website and start another. You can usually tell the shell company websites by the stock photos of limos they use.

I have no vested interest in Padrino's Limo or any other place or service I recommend. However, I have used Padrino's to arrange for executive transportation and never had a problem. They own their own fleet and employ their drivers. Another company that can help is Meilan limo, while they are more geared to weddings but they have a famous local reputation for punctuality.

Just want to note that Carey Limousines is not a shell site.

We have used them several times not only in Miami but in several other places around the country.

Keith

Just want to note that Carey Limousines is not a shell site.

Keith

Didn't mean to insinuate that it was, they seem to be a reputable booking agent.

I could give examples of what I am talking about, but if I did, this thread might show up on a google search, I refuse to give them (the shell companies) any help.

Didn't mean to insinuate that it was, they seem to be a reputable booking agent.

I could give examples of what I am talking about, but if I did, this thread might show up on a google search, I refuse to give them (the shell companies) any help.

I agree. Just had wanted to point out that they are not all shell companies.

Keith

• 2 years later...

We wanted to book shuttle service from this company because of it's good ratings previously. We tried to book a shuttle 2 months in advance (September) requesting confirmation and more information. Pick up at 9:15 am November 22 from Port of Miami and drop off for 10 am at Fort Lauderdale Airport same day. We are from Vancouver Canada, so needed some form of confirmation to guarantee our request.

Unfortunately, without any initial follow up, we booked with another company. M and R Limo Company did try to contact us on the 14th of November (2 Months later) while we were away on our cruise to tell us we did not have the correct vehicle booked and that they wanted us to contact them ASAP. Now they have charged us $150 for a service we had no idea they were able to offer us. We would just like our money back.

Disappointed from Canada.