Is Carnival Telling Cruisers Not To Tip Extra?

jsmac3

I do not consider this a bribe. I just know from experience that in the service industry 90% of wages are in the form of tips. If you are the guy sitting at the bar banging his glass and i see the tipper, i'm going to remember the tippers name and drink and he will not die of thirst. The non tipping glass banger just might. Don't get me wrong, glass banger will get served, but his name will be something less desirable.

not sure why you keep in bringing in bar service. that tepping basically is on a different process than autotep.

and basically everyone on board pays a tep on every bar purchase. Vvery few even know how to even alter those teps.

now, i'm off to renew my car auto ensurance policy.

I do not consider this a bribe. I just know from experience that in the service industry 90% of wages are in the form of tips. If you are the guy sitting at the bar banging his glass and i see the tipper, i'm going to remember the tippers name and drink and he will not die of thirst. The non tipping glass banger just might. Don't get me wrong, glass banger will get served, but his name will be something less desirable.

The minute I ordered the drink he got a 15% tip. Unless he performs a show like in the movie cocktail, I see no reason to give him extra. Like I said, I will wait. And if I wait to long, I find another bar. Quite simple really.

To get back to the original post, we were on the Legend at the beginning of the month and during the debarkation video they made mention of tips already being taken care of and charged to your sign and sail. It showed a video of the crew (from waitstaff to stewards) waving as if to say thanks for the tips. It did seem to imply tips were already paid and extra was not needed but I am not sure that is what they actually meant. We did tip extra to waitstaff and the steward.

I think it is pretty clear the OP or the reviewer were confused. On our last cruise we were not provided an envelope for a tip for the MD but were informed that one cuold be provided upon request. I didn't take that as telling us not to tip. We just handed him cash without the envelope- no big deal to us and it saved an envelope.

Archived