Is Carnival Telling Cruisers Not To Tip Extra?

jsmac3

I would like to welcome the grammar and spelling police to the thread, if I had known you would make an appearance I would bet lower on when this thread gets shut down.

Tipping and spelling, LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!

I dont care what you call it, a tip, a gratuity, a service charge, a bribe, an obnoxious moment, whatever, I will tip extra for outstanding service and reduce for crappy service. Given the high number of tip removers on Carnival, I am considering giving my room steward a ten spot when I meet him/her to let them know their service will be recognized.

first, can you provide a link to that review?

second, carnival goes out of its way to make you think tips are not included in anything. i've seen it from silence to complete lies, including the brand ambassador. he eventually admitted he was wrong, yet still did the tip dance making one think an included tip was inadequite.

It is the most recent review for the Carnival Miracle on this site.

Come on guys.... this is only post #26..........:D

Ok here we go. I had to go to Websters dictoinary to assure myself that i need not insure my life when i told my parrents that all the money they spent on private school would not ensure that my grammar would not be corrected here on CC. All synonyms. Next stop. Run on sentance police?

I just read the review and I'm not so sure I would take the word of the person who wrote this one. You English majors would have fun with it. Anyway, the whole thing is bogus. I can't imagine Carnival asking passengers not to tip extra...it just won't happen.

Read Mick's review. He posted this

"I Made a Mistake by not Buying the drink coupon on Sodas that was Offered the first day of the cruise for $8.99,

which would have given me unlimited Sodas for the entire cruise,,,,(My-Mistake) Don't let it be yours,,,, "

Hmmm. I think he is confused.

Recent Cruisers - has anyone seen this? The most recent Miracle review - the reviewer states they saw on the Carnival Cable Channel in their cabin not to tip extra.

Yes, this is on the announcements. it says something like your gratuities are covered by your auto tips and there is no need to tip extra. No prohibition but certainly trying to make people realize that there is no obligation to tip any extra.

If the service is above and beyond. Wich it always is.

To

Insure

Proper

Service

I always clear this up when I see it. Tips is not an acronym, never was, no matter who said it in their blog. A quick google define look up on INsure and ENsure- and you will see someone tried to be witty some time ago and say TIPS is an acronym with insure in the middle- cant really be since its the wrong word for what you are trying to say. Capice?

We have an unexpected guest, the acronym police! This party is getting crowded, time to put out some more dip.

I heard a rumor of the run-on-sentence police showing up but I have never seen them so I think that they will not come but if they do that is great too I would love to meet them and see if what the OP is saying is true if not I will post in on John Healds blog because that is the epicenter of truth.

I asked all the different police (grammar, spelling, tipping, run-on, acronym) to bring a dish to share....

If the service is above and beyond. Wich it always is.

On our last few cruises, service has been what I have come to expect from Carnival (with the except of our ATD experience) which is very good. Sort of like if there were still comment cards. I would have a hard time rating anything higher than "met expectations".

On our last few cruises, service has been what I have come to expect from Carnival (with the except of our ATD experience) which is very good. Sort of like if there were still comment cards. I would have a hard time rating anything higher than "met expectations".

That is why i like tipping ahead of time. It is like buying insurance that assures me that i will recieve proper service. If this does not work, i assure you, i will move on and secure another server. I hope this will will ensure good service. Guess i've been lucky, or have really low standards.

We have an unexpected guest, the acronym police! This party is getting crowded, time to put out some more dip.

I heard a rumor of the run-on-sentence police showing up but I have never seen them so I think that they will not come but if they do that is great too I would love to meet them and see if what the OP is saying is true if not I will post in on John Healds blog because that is the epicenter of truth.

I asked all the different police (grammar, spelling, tipping, run-on, acronym) to bring a dish to share....

My girlfriend said she would make a 7 layer dip. I'll bring pulled pork bbq. Oops that might offend the bacon police.

Haha! You're FUNNY!

That is why i like tipping ahead of time. It is like buying insurance that assures me that i will recieve proper service. If this does not work, i assure you, i will move on and secure another server. I hope this will will ensure good service. Guess i've been lucky, or have really low standards.

I have gotten good service. Very good service actually. Probably my first couple of cruises I would even have considered it "above and beyond". Now I expect to get that service so no longer above and beyond.

My girlfriend said she would make a 7 layer dip. I'll bring pulled pork bbq. Oops that might offend the bacon police.

Girlfriend here. Sheesh, I leave fromthebus for a couple of hours alone and he forgot all I taught him about acronyms, grammar and other CC quirks. :rolleyes:;) Can't we all just get along? (I know...that was a bit lame) :p

Either way, we tip extra along the way. Not crazy amounts or anything (we arent millionaires). Our service has always been outstanding before we give out the extra tips but spectacular and shiny crazy cool with the extras.

Now off to the kitchen to work on that 7 layer dip and to make the man a sammich! HAHA!

Girlfriend here. Sheesh, I leave fromthebus for a couple of hours alone and he forgot all I taught him about acronyms, grammar and other CC quirks. :rolleyes:;) Can't we all just get along? (I know...that was a bit lame) :p

Either way, we tip extra along the way. Not crazy amounts or anything (we arent millionaires). Our service has always been outstanding before we give out the extra tips but spectacular and shiny crazy cool with the extras.

Now off to the kitchen to work on that 7 layer dip and to make the man a sammich! HAHA!

I have been told I make the worlds best seven layer dip, so I think we have a challenge brewing.

If we walk up to the bar at the same time and order drinks, I tip $5 and you wait til the end of the night to tip. I asure you the next time we walk up to the bar again at the same time i will be served first.

Grammar lesson learned. And i insured myself better service.

I will wait and save the $5. I don't bribe people to do a job.

I have been told I make the worlds best seven layer dip, so I think we have a challenge brewing.

OOhhhh! Reaaallllyyyy? Bring it! Challenge accepted. :p;) It's ON!

I like your style twindaddy. :)

Additionally, is tipping subjective? I am beginning to think so...let's ponder this for a moment.

Ok here we go. I had to go to Websters dictoinary to assure myself that i need not insure my life when i told my parrents that all the money they spent on private school would not ensure that my grammar would not be corrected here on CC. All synonyms. Next stop. Run on sentance police?

This is fun to me, so....

I am the pronoun "I" police. I have read 15 posts tonight alone with the incorrect usage of the the nominative case pronoun "I" used in the objective case. For example, "I am going to book a cruise for my wife and I" should be "I am going to book a cruise for my wife and ME." ALWAYS use the pronoun "me" in a the objective case or as the object of the sentence or especially anytime the pronoun will show up in a prepositional phrase. Example: "I am going to book a cruise for ME", not "I am going to book a cruise for I" yet people put I am going to ......with her and I. (incorrect!!) When you add in extra words it doesn't change to "I".

Now this should guarantee a shut down soon!!

(And yes, improper usage of the pronoun "I" is rampant in writing and even with educated news anchors, and I was an English teacher in a prior career for 14 years if you were wondering if your English teacher is on board!)

Shut the thread down now, mates!

I will wait and save the $5. I don't bribe people to do a job.

I do not consider this a bribe. I just know from experience that in the service industry 90% of wages are in the form of tips. If you are the guy sitting at the bar banging his glass and i see the tipper, i'm going to remember the tippers name and drink and he will not die of thirst. The non tipping glass banger just might. Don't get me wrong, glass banger will get served, but his name will be something less desirable.

Archived