Is Carnival Telling Cruisers Not To Tip Extra?

jsmac3

Recent Cruisers - has anyone seen this? The most recent Miracle review - the reviewer states they saw on the Carnival Cable Channel in their cabin not to tip extra.

It seems like on one of my last cruises that there was some information given regarding tipping the MD and not to expect an envelope to be delivered to your cabin, but that they could be picked up at GS if you wanted one.

Who wants to take the over under on when this thread will get shut down? I am betting it will go for about 8 or 9 pages before the axe falls. Ok, I will start.

I dont care if they tell me not to, if the service warrants it, I will tip extra.

Carnival would never ever put a notice in someone's cabin telling them no need to tip extra. It would never happen.

OK, Ill be the first one to state the obvious.

Just because there is one confused reviewer does not a policy make. Lots of confused people in the world.

PS if posting wrong info on CC made it correct, just because someone posted it .. things would be different on Carnival all over the place.

Who wants to take the over under on when this thread will get shut down? I am betting it will go for about 8 or 9 pages before the axe falls. Ok, I will start.

I dont care if they tell me not to, if the service warrants it, I will tip extra.

Since you have the option of setting the number of posts per page at 10,20, 30, 40 or 200, your over under on page would depend on your setting. I will go at 85 posts.

Recent Cruisers - has anyone seen this? The most recent Miracle review - the reviewer states they saw on the Carnival Cable Channel in their cabin not to tip extra.

No. I would have to see that to believe it. Highly doubtful........

first, can you provide a link to that review?

second, carnival goes out of its way to make you think tips are not included in anything. i've seen it from silence to complete lies, including the brand ambassador. he eventually admitted he was wrong, yet still did the tip dance making one think an included tip was inadequite.

It probably told them that they do not have to tip extra as its automatically deducted. Person listening probably took it the wrong way.

If the service is above and beyond. Wich it always is.

To

Insure

Proper

Service

the word would be ensure. you can't insure service.

Using that incorrect acronym, it also implies you tip before service is rendered. I tip based on service AFTER they are done.

LOL knew you would say that.

I'm going to call my insurance company and see what it would cost to insure service on my next cruise ;)

one of these days, i'm going to create a data pool of answers that i can just cut and paste.

:D

Using that incorrect acronym, it also implies you tip before service is rendered. I tip based on service AFTER they are done.

Also, you don't tips smoke one you tip them, so that would be to insure proper, which doesn't make sense.

If we walk up to the bar at the same time and order drinks, I tip $5 and you wait til the end of the night to tip. I asure you the next time we walk up to the bar again at the same time i will be served first.

Grammar lesson learned. And i insured myself better service.

If we walk up to the bar at the same time and order drinks, I tip $5 and you wait til the end of the night to tip. I asure you the next time we walk up to the bar again at the same time i will be served first.

Grammer lesson learned. And i insured myself better service.

You sure did.

Lesson learned. And i insured myself better service.

no, you ensured better service.

Archived