Milestone Cruise Discount?

ThisFemmeKat

Someone mentioned a discount on your milestone cruise.. I dont remember where or how i heard it.. and I dont know what they meant by it.. but I knew if anyone would know it would be you fine people..

Is this even a real thing? If so, does this mean a discount on a cruise where your loyalty level changes. like your 10th cruise? (on the old plan)

So fill me in oh wise ones...

milestone means your 25th cruise, though you can take it later than the 25th.

From what I know its not a discount .. you get 25% OBC of only YOUR own cruisefare.. not for the entire cabin, just yours.

I wish it was a discount though.. if someone knows you can take it as a discount instead .. please correct me... Im planning on Hawaii being my 25th, my milestone cruise.

Fire is right, Carnival rewards milestone cruisers with a one time OBC of 25, 50, 75 or 100% of the individuals cruise fare once that milestone level has been reached.

You actually get the official Milestone letter a month or so after you complete your 24th cruise. My 24th was in November and I got my letter in late December.

It has a special number for you to call and tell them the booking number of the cruise that you want the OBC to be applied to.

The thing they don't tell you is that if you booked through a TA, then the TA has to call to get the credit applied. This happened to me, so when I was on the Magic in March my OBC never showed up and they couldn't correct it on the ship.

The found out what had happened and said I would have to use it on another cruise. You have 18 months to use the credit.

What cruise line offers this perk?

Carnival :)

I remember reading on some document somewhere that it was OBC. I am trying to find where but can't put my finger on it.

WHat I recall is 25% OBC earned for 25th cruise. You do not have to use it for that particular cruise but I believe I read some time limit is in play. And this continues as 50% OBC at 50th cruise; 75% OBC 75th cruise and 100% OBC 100th cruise.

Hopefully some Milestone'rs will join in and add details of their experience.

ETA - I see Okgirl posted as I was typing!!

Fire is right, Carnival rewards milestone cruisers with a one time OBC of 25, 50, 75 or 100% of the individuals cruise fare once that milestone level has been reached.

You actually get the official Milestone letter a month or so after you complete your 24th cruise. My 24th was in November and I got my letter in late December.

It has a special number for you to call and tell them the booking number of the cruise that you want the OBC to be applied to.

The thing they don't tell you is that if you booked through a TA, then the TA has to call to get the credit applied. This happened to me, so when I was on the Magic in March my OBC never showed up and they couldn't correct it on the ship.

The found out what had happened and said I would have to use it on another cruise. You have 18 months to use the credit.

Hmmmm, if I have to wait until my TA does it .. might be in trouble. Great prices, service so so at best.

Well, it would have been nice if my 15 day would have been my 25th cruise.

someone mentioned a discount on your milestone cruise.. I dont remember where or how i heard it.. And i dont know what they meant by it.. But i knew if anyone would know it would be you fine people..

Is this even a real thing? If so, does this mean a discount on a cruise where your loyalty level changes. Like your 10th cruise? (on the old plan)

so fill me in oh wise ones...

hi--this is irene and john --we have sailed on carnival--50 times and 3 more in the fire--and the milestone - -which we have been is no longer. Their program has changed. The perks are now based on the number of days you sailed on each cruise--so that puts un in the diamond category. The new program is called--vifp club--or--very important person club. So check with your person whom you book thru---namely carnival--and have a great trip

hi--this is irene and john --we have sailed on carnival--50 times and 3 more in the fire--and the milestone - -which we have been is no longer. Their program has changed. The perks are now based on the number of days you sailed on each cruise--so that puts un in the diamond category. The new program is called--vifp club--or--very important person club. So check with your person whom you book thru---namely carnival--and have a great trip

Im not quite sure what you are saying here .. but I can tell you for sure and certain that Milestone is unchanged. It has one perk and one perk only .. OBC. Milestone is separate from the loyalty program.

I think what you said is you have them mixed up and think they are one and the same and now milestone is diamond, which they are not. milestone is unchanged and unaffected by the changes to the loyalty program.

The Milestone program has not changed. You receive an OBC of 25%, 50% or 75% of the base price of your own cabin on your 25th, 50th, 75th cruise or any cruise after the 24th, 49th, or 74th and the benefit is valid for 18 months. You receive a free cruise for your 100th cruise or any one following that for 18 months. There is no discount on booking your cruise and the OBC is non-refundable.

The new loyalty program is based on days sailed and not all Milestone cruisers are Diamond.

That 50% was one nice perk....hubby and I used ours on the Hawaiian cruise and with the Stockholder's Credit and Future Cruise Certificate....we had over $2,600 in OBC...

woo hoo!!!

That 50% was one nice perk....hubby and I used ours on the Hawaiian cruise and with the Stockholder's Credit and Future Cruise Certificate....we had over $2,600 in OBC...

woo hoo!!!

thats what I was thinking.. it would pay for all my excursions, even expensive ones. I would be in heaven.

right now Hawaii is my 24th cruise on Carnival .. so I had told my PVP we needed to book one more between now and then .. but now that I hear the TA has to get it applied.. sighs...

Cruise fair' date=' NOT taxes or port fees.[/quote']

I dont know .. but I thought Tom of Tom and Cheryl posted they got it posted for the entire amount including the add on taxes and fees.

btw .. the port fees are embedded in the cruisefare .... and the 25% does cover the entire cruisefare including port fees (also known as NCFs),

the add on taxes and fees do not include port fees.

Archived