Anyone go with Native Way tours?

kiraryker

They seem to come highly recommended on here, however, we had a bad experience with them 3 months ago and I would never book another tour with them again. :(

Yes, the first time we booked with them wasn't perfect. Another boat was having trouble and we stopped to assist them, but it took a long time. However, they did their best to make it right with us. So, I'm debating whether to give them another go and hope for a happier experience like so many others have had, or to try a different company this time around.

Yes, the first time we booked with them wasn't perfect. Another boat was having trouble and we stopped to assist them, but it took a long time. However, they did their best to make it right with us.

if you'd been the cruise ship visitor on that boat in distress, you'd have thought that the folks from Nativeway were absolute angels, not been disappointed in them. :rolleyes: I hope you're never stranded out on the water (or even in a stalled car at the side of the road somewhere) watching people that could have helped you instead pass you by...

if you'd been the cruise ship visitor on that boat in distress, you'd have thought that the folks from Nativeway were absolute angels, not been disappointed in them. :rolleyes: I hope you're never stranded out on the water (or even in a stalled car at the side of the road somewhere) watching people that could have helped you instead pass you by...

I wasn't trying to say I was upset that they stopped, I was saying the hiccup in our first trip was due to them helping others--not that it was issue that would cause me to not use a company again. (i.e. unprofessional guides, unsafe practices, etc.) I'm sorry if my post came across the wrong way.

Love Nativeway, have done Reef, Rays and Rum point twice. Captain Chris rocks.

The drinks are expensive at Rum Point, but omg those rum runners are worth it, you really only need one!!

Awesome excursion, well priced and very knowledgeable crew, as well as intimate, I think the biggest group was 16 as compared to the other guys who shoves 50 plus bodies in a big boat!!!

They also will change things up, do reef before Rays if there are too many people at the sandbar, they WANT you to have fun!!!

Carole

Like others I did Native Way's Rays, Reef and Rum Point. It was an absolute blast! I would highly recommend it. Our only problem was we were rushed getting back to the ship making it by ~15 minutes. Yes the drinks at Rum Point are expensive - but keep in mind that the prices are listed as Cayman Dollars which you get somewhere around 80 cents to the dollar.

Just booked with them for my upcoming cruise, leaving in 2 weeks! My bf and I will be going on the Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour. Looking forward to it immensely and will be sure to post a review upon our return.

I plan on doing a full review at some point when i get caught up. But i went with http://caymanecoadventures.com and it was by far the best excursion i have ever been on. There were only 10 of us on a boat that could hold 25 and the capt (Kevin) is flexible its your boat for the day. You can go wherever you like and spend as much time as you like at each stop.. We did rays, snorkeling and rum point. Wow, to get away from the crowds and do a private excursion is the only way to go. There email address is stingraysailing@gmail.com.

I plan on doing a full review at some point when i get caught up. But i went with http://caymanecoadventures.com and it was by far the best excursion i have ever been on. There were only 10 of us on a boat that could hold 25 and the capt (Kevin) is flexible its your boat for the day. You can go wherever you like and spend as much time as you like at each stop.. We did rays, snorkeling and rum point. Wow, to get away from the crowds and do a private excursion is the only way to go. There email address is stingraysailing@gmail.com.

That sounds great with being able to only have 10 people on the boat. However, I'm confused about the "get away from the crowds" part. How were you able to get away from the crowds?

If you went to the sand bar, every other excursion trip is there, at the same place, crowded in the same area, as you are. You don't get away from the crowd.

If you went to rum point...same as above. Every other excursion that offers the rays, snorkeling and rum point is well...there at rum point with you. :confused:

So the only time you would be "away from the crowds" would be when you were on the boat?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying any of this in a mean way. Just trying to understand. Next time we go to Cayman, we will be looking for another company to go with and I like reading who people used and their experiences to keep them in mind and what made them different. :)

the main point i was making of being away from the crowds was on your own boat and not cattle herded into a 150 person excursion on one boat. However, we went to sting ray city and parked away from everyone and then to rum point right at 11 before all the excursions got there. it was getting busy when we left but for the first 45 mins i dont think there were 15 people there.. then we went snorkeling at the reef which is within sight of rum point and we were the only people there at that time. its a do what you want type of deal.. so do what you want for half the price of a ship excursion.

http://s1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/Iaught2go/

1 more of my daughters at rum point. look crowded?

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/Iaught2go/iphone2034.png

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't doubting you, just trying to figure out why you said that so that I might make a better decision next time we go there. Our experience was bad and VERY crowded on both the boat and at the excursion. We didn't even make it to Rum Point which was VERY disappointing.

Love the pictures btw. :)

yeah i understand that.. we have been to Caymen a couple times and felt like we made bad choices on excursions as well. Last time we went on a Carnival excursion to snorkel with the rays we were on a boat with about 100 people and when we got to the rays we were in about 15 foot of water. They didnt feed the rays so we just watched then swim about 10 ft below us and that was it.. back to the ship. There were so many people snorkeling i kept getting a flipper in the face or would run into someone. It was a sea of people. That is what made me look for "private" charters.

the main point i was making of being away from the crowds was on your own boat and not cattle herded into a 150 person excursion on one boat. However, we went to sting ray city and parked away from everyone and then to rum point right at 11 before all the excursions got there. it was getting busy when we left but for the first 45 mins i dont think there were 15 people there.. then we went snorkeling at the reef which is within sight of rum point and we were the only people there at that time. its a do what you want type of deal.. so do what you want for half the price of a ship excursion.

http://s1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/Iaught2go/

1 more of my daughters at rum point. look crowded?

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/Iaught2go/iphone2034.png

Thanks! we will look into them also

• 2 weeks later...
They seem to come highly recommended on here, however, we had a bad experience with them 3 months ago and I would never book another tour with them again. :(

I looked into using this company, but since fatfishadventures came so highly recommended were going to use them, were going in sept so I will post after and let you know how it was, but trip advisor reviews and reviews on here look and sound good, plus money back if u can't make it into port. only 20% down required.

Archived