Celebrities Natural History Tour Included

kr9457

Celebrity includes the Natural History Tour in their package and we had planned to upgrade but now I just learned on another post they don't do it Anyone try to do this

You can book it yourself (http://www.reservedenali.com) and ignore the cruiseline arrangements. You may lose a few $$ but the difference between the NHT and the TWT is huge.

Also, before I would conclude that Celebrity will not make the change I would ask whoever you booked with for a definitive answer. A well meaning CC member may or may not be correct.

Yes, definitely call for a definitive answer. HOWEVER, how long are you at Denali?? Often times, the NHT is offered because the cruisetour isn't at Denali long enough for anything else. The one night tours tend to arrive mid day and leave midday the next, so you don't have as much time for the park as you would think. So check your arrival and departure times to ensure you have time for a longer trip.

If you have the time, consider booking the Eielson Visitor Center shuttle on your own, only $34 for 8 hrs RT. OR Toklat for 6 hrs $28. (the best bear viewing starts around toklat)

http://www.reservedenali.com/play/shuttle-buses/eielson-visitor-center.aspx

Celebrity does not refund, current information this season. BUT, you may be able to exchange your ticket directly with Aramark at Denali. Problem can be, however, you don't have your own transportation, and you have little time to consider this. Not knowing what your tour and arrivals are, you may be limited to only the Toklat shuttle bus which leaves at 5pm your day of arrival. With this selection- YOU are going to be on your own with transporting yourself back and forth to the Access Center. YOU are going to have to find out what transportation your lodge may or may not offer. There are posts on this board about a taxi, you would have to look into that option- if you choose and try and arrange a workable. A possibility is also to try and get a ride from a fellow shuttle bus passenger. There would be someone passing by your lodge. Depends how you feel about this?

I find some people on cruisetours, don't want any part of separating from the cruisetour and can't manage it. A few are successful with the extra efforts.

I could perhaps offer, more specific details, if I knew- your details for arriving and departing Denali- mode of transit, times and where coming from/going to.

Yes, definitely call for a definitive answer. HOWEVER, how long are you at Denali?? Often times, the NHT is offered because the cruisetour isn't at Denali long enough for anything else. The one night tours tend to arrive mid day and leave midday the next, so you don't have as much time for the park as you would think. So check your arrival and departure times to ensure you have time for a longer trip.

If you have the time, consider booking the Eielson Visitor Center shuttle on your own, only $34 for 8 hrs RT. OR Toklat for 6 hrs $28. (the best bear viewing starts around toklat)

http://www.reservedenali.com/play/shuttle-buses/eielson-visitor-center.aspx

I definitely recommend the Eielsen Shuttle!

Archived