Restaurants in Boston

Jan_In_Maine

I have another question about Boston --- Hotel is booked, transportation is fine, bringing wine from home ... We will be staying at the Onyx and I beleive we will do a walking tour including the north end.

I would like to have dinner in the North End, most likely Italian. Not interested in seafood locations - I can get all the seafood I want locally. Anyone know of any places in the North End that would be good -- Not looking for really expensive, but nice atmosphere, good wine and great food.

Also, would it be a problem for us to walk back to our hotel from the North End after dark, or should we think about taking a cab?

Thanks for everyone's help.:) Jan

There are well over 100 restaurants in the North End, and everyone has their favorites.

I suggest you click here, and do a search on "North End" to find many years of wise people's impressions of the various options.

And you'll be totally safe walking back to your hotel from the North End. You're only yards away from there to start with!

We celebrated Easter at a place in the North End called Al Dente. It was fabulous - look at the reviews on Trip Advisor. Large portions and most entrees $20 and under. Three people could not finish the Caesar salad for two!

I also think you would be fine walking back to your hotel. Boston has always seemed very safe to us.

One of my favorite restaurants in the North End and not just your typical red sauce and meatballs is Maurizio's. http://www.mauriziosboston.com/

thank you for the recommendation - I've looked at their website and it looks very good!!! I can't wait to see what restaurant we end of picking for dinner!!! Jan

Archived