Cruise ticket as gift

twinkle toes

Hi. I am hoping someone on the board can give me the information I am looking for.:o

We are looking into purchasing two cruise tickets for one of our employees who is coming up on his 25th year with the company. We also want to give him the option of taking cash instead. In order for this to be a surprise, we would need to buy the tickets, airfare, hotel, etc. knowing that he may chose the money instead. If this happened, would the tickets be transferrable to another person? My husband and I would gladly pay the money to the company and go on the trip ourselves if this happened, but would like to know that this option is available to us. We have our passports and have cruised before, so don't need alot of time to plan since we are aware of the routine. I just don't want to find out that we can't (with a few phone calls and possibly ticket rewrites) take their place. Thanks for any info you can give. Sue.

You can check with your travel agent or the cruise line, but I don't think the tickets can be transferred. You can always make the reservation and as long as final payment has been made you can cancel and get your money back.

Why not get a brochure of the cruise you want to send the employee on and give that to him/her? You can then give the option of the cruise or the money.

What a great employer. Can I come work for you?

You can check with your travel agent or the cruise line' date=' but I don't think the tickets can be transferred. You can always make the reservation and as long as final payment has been made you can cancel and get your money back.[/quote']

Unless its some rates, like early saver, the best rate, nonrefundable deposit.. as is pack n go rates.

OP would have to purchase it at a refundable rate .. I would be carefull here too purchasing with your credit card in someone else's name. Just not a good idea with the idea to cancel.

Hi. I am hoping someone on the board can give me the information I am looking for.:o

We are looking into purchasing two cruise tickets for one of our employees who is coming up on his 25th year with the company. We also want to give him the option of taking cash instead. In order for this to be a surprise, we would need to buy the tickets, airfare, hotel, etc. knowing that he may chose the money instead. If this happened, would the tickets be transferrable to another person? My husband and I would gladly pay the money to the company and go on the trip ourselves if this happened, but would like to know that this option is available to us. We have our passports and have cruised before, so don't need alot of time to plan since we are aware of the routine. I just don't want to find out that we can't (with a few phone calls and possibly ticket rewrites) take their place. Thanks for any info you can give. Sue.

Yes, Carnival has a program called "PREFERRED AWARDS". There are different levels you can choose from. Included for 2 passengers, cruise fare, port charges, taxes, and gratuties.

Wide selection of ships. Certificates are fully upgradedable, prices are protected, with flexibility to the recipient.

It has to be possible. Award programs are a part of many, many vacation venues.

The one area that could prove a challenge is with airfare. Many on CC are used to buying nonref. coach tickets that cannot be renamed or refunded.

You will need to find a way to manage this. It could mean buying 'refundable fare' tickets to accomplish your goal. These are easily available but priced accordingly.

Archived