Oasis June 23, 2012 Review, long, with pictures

Nice shot, thanx for posting.

Guess I was too busy doing bar and pool shots, missed that one.:eek:

Not my picture....I had that saved in my huge Oasis file to prepare me.....IN JUST TWO WEEKS! SO SO EXCITED!!!:D:D:D

Not my picture....I had that saved in my huge Oasis file to prepare me.....IN JUST TWO WEEKS! SO SO EXCITED!!!:D:D:D

Good that you are preparing.

No matter how much you prepare, the Oasis will still blow you away, but, good that you have an idea of what is to come.

What a great ship, you will have a great time.

This cruise, only 3 of us, sat with a Pittsburgh family, husband, wife, DD 20 and DD17. Fantastic family, only bad thing about them is they were from Pittsburgh. We had a great time with them

And the Pirates are still doing better than the Phillies. :-D

I'm glad I've read this review. We are a little concerned that she may be too big, but we at least want to try her. Thinking 2014 as we have Disney booked for next year.

I'm glad I've read this review. We are a little concerned that she may be too big, but we at least want to try her. Thinking 2014 as we have Disney booked for next year.

You can put a fork in the Phillies, they done, done, done.

The Oasis is big. As I said before, during the day, I do not think that I ever visited the back part of the ship, spent all our time at the Solarium and a couple of the pools in the front of the ship.

One thing I can say is that the pools were nowhere as crowded as on the Explorer. On the Oasis there was always seating available just about at any of the pools.

We will be in the sports bar keeping an eye on the Pirates. we have tickets to the game the week after we get back, to see the Pirates here in chicago.

It's probably a crew area. The only way into and out of the boardwalk area is from the promenade.

Actually there was stairs down to the running track on deck 5 that are public accessible. At least on Allure there was a dressing room back there that the Dreamworks characters used and came up the stairs to the aquatheater.

Check out the lady in the purple bikini in the area of the pool at the bottom of the pic. That is my idea of a vacation! :D

Also notice the available chairs.

Never had a problem getting a chair by a pool or the solarium.

Matter of fact, we would camp out in the solarium, but, every now and then, I would go down to the pools, take a swim, and grab a chair right at poolside and dry off.

Could not do that on any other ship.

Restrooms :p I make it my personal objective to find every women's room on a ship! ;)

Enjoying your review; looking forward to more!

You will love the electronic signs/map with their find the restrooms feature. My opinion, based on Allure was that they have plenty of nice restrooms, but they are designed to be out of plain sight, but close by.

Check out the lady in the purple bikini in the area of the pool at the bottom of the pic. That is my idea of a vacation! :D

You just know she did not make a spread sheet!:p

You can put a fork in the Phillies, they done, done, done.

The Oasis is big. As I said before, during the day, I do not think that I ever visited the back part of the ship, spent all our time at the Solarium and a couple of the pools in the front of the ship.

One thing I can say is that the pools were nowhere as crowded as on the Explorer. On the Oasis there was always seating available just about at any of the pools.

Totally agree about the pool chairs, but I'm glad to hear that's true even with tons of kids on board.

Here's an idea...why not have the Phillies and the Red Sox play a consolation "performs way below expectations" world series?:rolleyes: That way at least one team is bound to win something !

I think of this spot everytime someone says there is no place to see the sea, or that you can't see the ocean on the jogging track.

At a 9 minute/mile pace you get to see the ocean about 20 seconds every 4 minutes. ;)

Archived