Bring Back that Crusing Feeling

During those extended shore excursions (time between cruises) I often find myself wishing that I was back on the ship. Looking at pictures and talking about past cruises with anyone who will listen helps, but this morning I had an incredible experience in the shower. :eek:

OK, let me explain. Every time we cruise my wife brings home some of the little bottles of Vitality shampoo, lotion, etc. and then we forget about them. Well this morning I found one, and used the shampoo! The scent filled the air and now all morning I feel like I'm back on a ship! I swear I can even feel a little gentle rocking from the motion of the ocean.

What suprising things have inspired cruise flashbacks for you?

What suprising things have inspired cruise flashbacks for you?

The scent of the laundry detergent on the pool towels I took home.

No, just kidding......or am I? ;)

But seriously, for me it's the perfume my wife wears. She has a perfume she mostly only wears on cruises because of the small bottle it comes in. Every once in a while, she wears it at home and it reminds me of being in the cabin getting ready for dinner.

Sometimes I will smell certain things which are just like the ship. I bought a new washcloth the other day and it smelt just like the ones on my cruise last year. Sometimes I will smell something just like the smoke from the ships funnel. It's weird how familiar scents can throw you straight back to the cruise.

The scent of the laundry detergent on the pool towels I took home.

No, just kidding......or am I? ;)

Would those be towels that you checked out, or just some unfortunate chair hog's?

1) Got a "cruising mood" playlist on my iPod... Plug it in to the Aux jack on the Harley and ride down by the Mississippi river.

2) I author a DVD using pictures and video from every cruise we have been on... so pop that in, make a strawberry daquiri in a RC glass, and sit back and relive it.

3) I have pictures of every ship we have been on on a wall in our family room, surrounding a map with pins stuck at every location we have been to... so when I walk into that room, it is a constant reminder.

Mine is a smell too...I took a certain body wash on our last cruise...it's Bath & Body Works "Country Girl". It was the first time I had bought that scent and used it every day for our b2b cruise and about another week when we got home. When it was empty I picked another scent out of the linen closet and have been using that scent or some other scent until about a week ago when I took out another bottle of Country Girl. I was immediately transported back to the beautiful Serenade of the Seas...I so love cruising!!!

Would those be towels that you checked out, or just some unfortunate chair hog's?

I ALWAYS return my towels and get them taken off my sea pass.

I ONLY bring home those towels that people have left on their lounger by the pool. Not sure why they don't take and return them? ;)

Tim

Taking home towels that you checked out yourself, and got charged $25.00 for, takes all the fun out of the memories that rush back from looking at them.:p

I would say 3 things

1. Drinking out of our Royal Caribbean glasses while sitting on the lanai at the end of the day

2. Watching DVD slide shows of the pictures we took on the cruise, brings back so many great memories, or watching the movies we took while on the cruise with the camcorder

3. Watching Allure/Oasis go out of FFL on the webcam, makes us want to be on a cruise - NOW!!

A number of years ago DH bought me a gold charm bracelet. I try to buy a charm every island/area (or something) that reminds me of that place.

Every time I put it on all the memories come back.

My thing is a coffee cup from each ship (the navy blue ones with the gold trim) and a cup from each new island.

Archived