Lemonade, flavored water, and blue dots

david_sobe

Intense sweeteners are non-sugar, low calorie sweeteners like aspartame and sucralose. They generally don't mix them with sugar, but who knows. I'll see if I can learn more on my upcoming cruise

I mentioned the possibility of both as drinks like the lower calorie sodas (not zero cal) and Trop50 drinks and some low cal teas do mix them especially if the intense sweetener is stevia. I'll look forward to hearing what you find out. I was irritated at myself for not asking but we were in a hurry.

Does anyone know for sure if the lemonade is available on the Epic? We will be on her in 43 days for a 35th anniversary cruise. 10 years ago for our 25th anniversary we also cruised the western Mediterranean; that time on the RCL Splendour of the Seas. Drinking the lemonade after returning from extremely hot times on shore was extremely pleasurable. It is one thing I have definitely missed on cruises since then.

Just off the Star today. Ditto about the drinks. The dots - yellow or blue - are a mystery. People left towels, etc for hours and no one from NCL seemed to pay attention.

That said, it was a great cruise. The staff is fabulous, food is great and Bermuda, well, it speaks for itself.

• 6 months later...

Just sailed on the NCL Sky and Lemonade is complimentary at the buffets as well as in the restaurants! They also offered it in cups (as well as ice water) portside when we returned from our day in Nassau -- it was great to have a cold towel and cold lemonade before getting back on the ship!

This is great news! I love flavored waters and lemonade. Are the flavored waters complimentary? We don't sail on the Jewel until the end of June - but I am excited already!

We just sailed on the Jewel and there was no lemonade or flavored water offered on our sailing. (We did have them on the Gem in Sept. Just so-so in my opinion, but nice to have another option.)

The Star had the flavored drinks last month:

cafe-drinks-M.jpg

I know prior to our cruise date, I had read about the Star putting out the blue dots on the chairs. However, they did not do anything on our cruise (I was looking :D)...but then again, there were plenty of seats and I didn't witness any chair hogs. :p

Anyone recently cruise where there was lemonade, flavored water, and blue dots? If so, please name your ship.

Someone asked the rep from NCL about the lemonade and flavored water, ad he replied that it would be fleet wide starting in Feb. Just passing it along.

DML

Archived