Med Itinerary Descrepencies - Oct 27 2012 Pacific Princess

stingraynz

I am puzzled by some oddities in an Itinerary that I have booked for Oct 27 2012 "med & adriatic" sailing on Pacific Princess.

On the princess website it clearly marks 12 AM Oct 30 as the arrival time into port of Dubrovnik and an overnight stay until 2AM Oct 31. This would be a nice 26 hr overnight stay. Then for the port of Kusadasi arriving 12AM on Nov 5 dep at 7PM. For a nice full day port stay.

When I got the booking confirmation from Princess, the two arrival times for these two ports were oddly MISSING and only departure times were listed. This is when I started to question the great port times in the itinerary.

I looked at the shore excursions they are offering and they only have afternoon tours. We want to book private guides so we need to know the time we can be available at the port.

My sister (who booked the cruise with princess) called them and specifically asked if we could booked private guides for the mornings of those two port days specifically and explained the descrepencies. The gent left for a good 10 min and came back and said " you should be able to leave the ship by 7am"!?! so confirming that the ship will in be port in the morning. I then checked with the private guide and he checked with the port of kusadasi and the ship is infact, only due to arrive at NOON.

Can it be that Princess doesn't know AM from PM? otherwise we feel very baited that we bought an itinerary and are actually are ripped off two half days in port. Should we check all the port times? Is this normal? I've never seen this before this bad, on 20+ cruises. I have to admit I have left Princess for a long time because of their itineraries. Is anyone else experiencing this? Thanks for your thoughts.

On the princess website it clearly marks 12 AM Oct 30 as the arrival time into port of Dubrovnik and an overnight stay until 2AM Oct 31. This would be a nice 26 hr overnight stay. Then for the port of Kusadasi arriving 12AM on Nov 5 dep at 7PM. For a nice full day port stay.

When I got the booking confirmation from Princess, the two arrival times for these two ports were oddly MISSING and only departure times were listed. This is when I started to question the great port times in the itinerary.

Can it be that Princess doesn't know AM from PM?

The terms ante meridiem (before noon) and post meridiem (after noon) do not apply literally to noon and midnight.

I just tried one of the online TA sites and it did not list an arrival time for you for either port.

On 1 online TA web site:

Tue Oct 30 Dubrovnik, Croatia Midnight

Wed Oct 31 Dubrovnik, Croatia 2:00am

Wed Oct 31 Kotor, Montenegro 7:00am 6:00pm

Thu Nov 1 At Sea

Fri Nov 2 Mykonos, Greece 7:00am 6:00pm

Sat Nov 3 At Sea

Sun Nov 4 Istanbul, Turkey 7:00am

Mon Nov 5 Istanbul, Turkey 1:00pm

Tue Nov 6 Ephesus / Kusadasi, Turkey Midnight 7:00pm

However, I think they were fooled by the 12:00 AM.

I do not think the ship will get to either of the two ports in question until Noon.

This is what I got on another online site

Day 1 Venice, Italy -- --

Day 2 Venice, Italy -- 10:00 pm

Day 3 Porto Corsini 7:00 am 5:00 pm

Day 4 Dubrovnik, Croatia 12:00 pm --

Day 5 Dubrovnik, Croatia -- 2:00 am

Day 5 Kotor, Montenegro 7:00 am 6:00 pm

Day 6 At Sea -- --

Day 7 Mykonos, Greece 7:00 am 6:00 pm

Day 8 At Sea -- --

Day 9 Istanbul, Turkey 7:00 am --

Day 10 Istanbul, Turkey -- 1:00 pm

Day 11 Kusadasi, Turkey 12:00 pm 7:00 pm

Day 12 Santorini, Greece 7:00 am 6:00 pm

Day 13 Piraeus (Athens), Greece 6:00 am --

Book your tours for the afternoon, and then keep an eye on the itinerary listings. The apparent confusion of am/pm notwithstanding, all cruiselines reserve the right to modify port times or skip them entirely. This is clearly stated in the cruise contract, and with 20+ cruises under your belt I suspect you know this and are just feeling peeved for relying on the information originally posted.

I am not unsympathetic to your plight - my own October cruise has had a port dropped entirely for another sea day since I booked - but getting worked up over it is a waste of your energies.

Thanks so much for you all looking into this and posting the itineraries. This just shows me I am not misunderstanding this confusion. I am going to go ahead and plan for the days starting in after noon.

You are right that I should not get worked up and I appreciate that, however, Yes, I will say in 20+ cruises I have not experienced this and I know what it says in the cruise contract of course. What I am saying is they cannot stand behind that 'fine print' and just post whatever they want on the website for sales purposes. I looked again today and the Princess website still says 12 AM. Yes, I do understand that AM and PM does not actually apply to Midnight and Noon that is why I am questioning it. The whole thing is odd. In the past I have only had ports changed due to world events, if that. Not just 'operational' reasons as I have been reading other posts when I was looking for answers to my questions. Port times I have only had change a few hours at most. Never by 12 hours.

Thanks Again you are always appreciated. :)

On our upcoming August Grand Med cruise, Kusadasi is only 1/2 Day from 7AM to 1 PM. It also lists Mykonos as 12PM to 7PM and I am quite sure that it is also a 1/2 Day stop. I believe that these are common for these ports for Princess.

Archived