Christmas Decorations

The decorations are always so pretty. I'll never forget the first time we saw them.

There were trees everywhere with beautiful, unique ornaments. Some were even

seashells. We're looking forward to that on our Dec.9 Mariner sailing.

Cruzin Lady

I was on Enchantment 5-17 December last year. When we boarded, the trees, and garlands etc were up all round the ship. A gingerbread village appeared in the Centrum towards the end of the cruise, and Santa in his reindeer drawn sleigh the next night. I tracked the developing displays in my review (http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1538675) :)

And, in case someone is interested, they take the decorations down during the night between January 1st and 2nd. We went to sleep on New Year's night, and woke up to a totally different looking ship! It was amazing how they "undecorated" in just those few overnight hours.

And, in case someone is interested, they take the decorations down during the night between January 1st and 2nd. We went to sleep on New Year's night, and woke up to a totally different looking ship! It was amazing how they "undecorated" in just those few overnight hours.

That hasn't been our experience. On our last two NYE cruises, the decorations stayed up throughout the cruise.

That hasn't been our experience. On our last two NYE cruises, the decorations stayed up throughout the cruise.

Really? I should have clarified that this was on the Explorer New Year's cruise. I shouldn't have assumed that all ships follow the same schedule of undecorating for the holidays.

When we did the December 27th 12 day cruise on Enchantment back in 2010, the decorations were removed the morning of January 2.

I think it all depends on the ship and the length of the cruise as to when the decorations are removed.

I think going up also changes. I have sailed the week after Thanksgiving twice now, and both weeks the Decorations were added throughout the week. They were not up completely until the end of that week.

Archived