What to do

beckymomof2

We have excursions planned for our other ports: Belize, Roatan, and Cozumel but haven't planned anything for Grand Cayman yet. I was thinking about not doing an excursion. If we get off the ship and walk around or maybe take a taxi somewhere nearby without doing anything too extravagant what would you suggest?

Take a cab or bus to somewhere on 7 mile beach. The little buses are only $3 or $4 and are constantly running all day. The drivers will take you to public section of you ask or to one of the resorts where you have a little nicer facilities.

Grand Cayman is easy to get around without plans. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to taxi to Royal Palms and have a beach day. Royal Palms has many recommendations in this forum, so I am going to try it out. We decided to rent a beach cabana and really enjoy ourselves.

Just got back from our Legend cruise. We spent the day at Royal Palms and really enjoyed it.

It was really easy to get to. We walked outside of the port area and got a cab. It was a 5 minute drive and cost $4 per person. They charged $2 per person to get into Royal Palms. It was great! It had a nice pool area with some cabanas to rent and lots of chairs (free). I think chairs on the beach were $10. The restaurant/bar served great food and drinks. It was a bit expensive, though. We each had a fish sandwich and a cold drink and our lunch was around $50. The food was good.

I had rented a beach cabana a couple of months before we cruised, and we really enjoyed being able to get out of the sun. It came with two loungers, a round table and 4 chairs. It was $50 and we were to spend another $50 on food and drinks. We thought it was still a pretty inexpensive day on Grand Cayman. Cabs were waiting to take us back to the ship.

Please let me know if you have other questions. I think this would be a great choice for you and your family! It was most definately a lazy, no-worry day!

It's was Royal Palms we went to last time. I couldn't remember the name. The friend we were traveling with ordered a pizza (I know, who goes to the Caribbean and orders a pizza!) and it was surprisingly good. We rented the chairs and an umbrella on the beach and I think it was $20.

We actually enjoyed the public section of the beach that we went to the first time more. It was at the far end of the beach. There was a bar there with bathrooms and outdoor showers and a stand renting chairs and snorkel equipment. The beer was cheaper than at Royal but the food was about the same.

It's the Caymans nothing is cheap besides the buses!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just got back from our cruise and went to the Turtle Farm in Grand Cayman. My children, 10 & 12, absolutely loved it! They give you a tour of the turtle tanks and you get to hold a baby sea turtle. Then you're free to wander on your own. The man-made lagoon was a great place for children to snorkel. It's stocked with fish and baby turtles. And very safe with lifeguards everywhere. They also have a large swimming pool with a water slide that the kids enjoyed. Overall it was a nice place to visit if you're looking for more than a beach.

If you don't want to expend more money on an excursion, this is the one port where I told my husband I would feel safe just walking around the town next time. Looks like there are lots of interesting buildings and things to do just a few blocks from the pier besides all the touristy things - shops, bars, etc. you see once you leave the ship area. I believe there is a museum or two close by. Might also be nice to find a restaurant or bar with an ocean view and sit and enjoy a meal or a drink or two for a little while

Have a great cruise !!! :)

Archived