cAT 6k Cabins none open via Carnival website.....

daijayx2

When you booked, did you book under a "free Upgrade" special? I did not, so it would only pull up the 6Js for me. I had to actually call to see if the 6K was available. It is good to know that some people can see it online. I could not.

So, the 6K came up under the 6J as the same price? That was a sweet deal. I had to pay a few dollars more.

No, I booked Early Saver online (then I changed my mind about Early Saver and called in and changed to Past Guest rate). I thought it was a good deal, too. Can't wait until December to try it out!

i could not book 9200 with early saver im surprised you could

there is only 2 6k rooms so the chance of price coming down is nil.

i can change to a balcony for less then the 6k now but i really want to try this cabin

My wife booked room 9200 on Glory for our October 2013 cruise out of Norfolk. She booked thru a pvp. This will be my mom's first cruise and has no idea what to expect. Just looking for a room for 4 people and he mentioned it was available. Beem looking for reviews of it from people whom have stayed in it.

Awesome!! Yes of coarse I have no problem with you coming to check out the room!

I'm so happy that you got this cabin for your Glory sailing!

I can't wait 10 more days!!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I'll be the strawberry-blonde with neon bandaid on the bridge of my nose (cancer removed just one month ago...gotta' protect the pale, healing skin :o). Can't wait to meet you - and see your stateroom :D...

You can see the Scenic Ocean View online, but not the Scenic GRAND Ocean View. The Grands are the 2 on the end, that are bigger than the Scenic Ocean View. The pictures pisted by the OP are of the Grand. Serene56 posted a picture in this thread showing a cabin with the blinds pulled down. That is the regular Scenic Ocean View. These have 1 large window instead of 2, and are smaller than the Grands. Those are the ones you are seeing online. There is no dropdown for the Grands online, that I have seen.

Hmmm. I've seen it - just had to find a cruise where it wasn't booked. It is included in the options online. Again, just have to find cruise where one of the 2 are not already booked. We will be in one of the Scenic GRAND Ocea View staterooms on Glory Nov 17....

Im going to be in 9200 in 3 months (Valor)! My sons will be in the room to the left of 9201 (9197 ???) It is Scenic, but only for 2 people. I wanted them to the right of me, but those scenics are for 4 people and they would not allow only 2 to book it. Of the 4 rooms in between 9200 and 9201, only 9197 is for 2. All the rest have to be booked with 4 people.

9200 was 6K, 9197 was 6J.

Edited by DISNEY1975

I just booked one on the Sunshine for next year and I booked it for 2 people. They are sold out through April I got the last one. They are only 20.00 more pp than the reg scenic oceanview room and 60 more st ft. I too had been working with my PVP through email for weeks. I do plan on changing over to a May date though once they come out. I booked the past guest rate in order ot be able to change without a fee.

Edited by mibond007
addition

I just booked one on the Sunshine for next year and I booked it for 2 people. They are sold out through April I got the last one. They are only 20.00 more pp than the reg scenic oceanview room and 60 more st ft. I too had been working with my PVP through email for weeks. I do plan on changing over to a May date though once they come out. I booked the past guest rate in order ot be able to change without a fee.

Yes, of the two GRAND Scenics, 9200 is for 4 people, 9201 is for 2 people.

Of the 4 Scenics, 9197 is for 2, all the rest are for 4.

Enjoy your cruise and your room!!!:)

I'm glad I found this thread.I'll be in 9201 in January '14!

And we'll be in 9200 in January. Which ship and dates??? Maybe us WI ites

will be on the same ship!!??:eek::D

FYI I actually work in Elm Grove:p

Im in 9201 on the Conquest in 13 more days!! Then 9200 on the Valor next Super Bowl! So excited!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Melissa--

I have the other 6J cabin (9200). I was lucky. I booked in early Dec. and it was still available. :-):)

• 3 weeks later...

I, too, got extremely excited about these 6K rooms when I first saw them on the Glory for my sailing this summer. But, as others have observed, I couldn't book it online through the CCL website, and I had to call (from the Middle East where I live).

As noted, on the Glory, 9201 is two-person max occupancy, and 9200 is four-person. Unfortunately, when I called, 9200 was not available. If it had been available, I would have booked it for myself, my sister, and her son. That really would have been an amazing price for this room.

Nonetheless, something inside me just couldn't pass up the opportunity to be in one of these front-facing, suite-size rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows for less than the price of a regular balcony, even at the single-occupancy rate in the middle of the peak summer season.

So, as of right now, I'm going to be in the room by myself, which means, according to the CCL rep, I'm going to have 330 square feet all to myself, while the other four adult-size family members will be squeezing into two 220-square-foot balcony rooms! :D

Edited by jlajr

I, too, got extremely excited about these 6K rooms when I first saw them on the Glory for my sailing this summer. But, as others have observed, I couldn't book it online through the CCL website, and I had to call (from the Middle East where I live).

As noted, on the Glory, 9201 is two-person max occupancy, and 9200 is four-person. Unfortunately, when I called, 9200 was not available. If it had been available, I would have booked it for myself, my sister, and her son. That really would have been an amazing price for this room.

Nonetheless, something inside me just couldn't pass up the opportunity to be in one of these front-facing, suite-size rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows for less than the price of a regular balcony, even at the single-occupancy rate in the middle of the peak summer season.

So, as of right now, I'm going to be in the room by myself, which means, according to the CCL rep, I'm going to have 330 square feet all to myself, while the other four adult-size family members will be squeezing into two 220-square-foot balcony rooms! :D

Congrats on getting that cabin. I also found out here on CC to call and inquire about this cabin. If I had not seen it here, I would have assumed that it was booked. I am sure you will love it, and can prepare to have lots of company from your other family members. :D

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

We were able to book online but we went through a Travel agent, so maybe it is only available online if booked through a TA.?. We got lucky b/c 9200 was the last one available on our cruise in July 2015. I am so excited to have a wonderful view and a huge room on top of it for our family of 4.

We were able to book online but we went through a Travel agent, so maybe it is only available online if booked through a TA.?. We got lucky b/c 9200 was the last one available on our cruise in July 2015. I am so excited to have a wonderful view and a huge room on top of it for our family of 4.

I found it on Expedia but it didn't show on Carnival's website....dunno what is up with that! I usually book via Carnival but didn't want to chance losing the cabin so I booked via Expedia. Next time I will know to call!