Summit vs Century?

Boo2

My hubby and I have cruised on both the Equinox and the Solstice and are now considering a cruise on either the Summit or the Century. For anyone that has been on both, which do you prefer and why?

We've always cruised on the newer ships so we're not sure what to expect on the older ones.

I'd appreciate any opinions you can share with me.

Thanks!

Summit has the beautiful, large indoor thallasotherapy swimming pool with great water jets, rollers etc and lovely loungers alongside the pool, as well as two jacuzzis. Century has no indoor pool. In a cooler climate, I would choose Summit.

Lynne :)

Century was our first cruise and got us hooked. That said, Summit is our favorite X ship. While we appreciate the wow factor and newness of the S class ships and love many of the venues (lawn club, solarium, specialty restaurants), Summit just had a great feel to it and service was wonderful. T pool is great, wouldn't want to cruise without an Indoor pool in any climate.

Cabins on century are quite small.

I am anticipating that our next cruise on Summit will be even better, with the addition of many S class features we enjoy.

Boo2,

They are both very nice ships. But if it comes down to choosing a ship--for you I think you might like Summit a bit more because (some of the reasons already stated):

1. Summit has a nice indoor T-pool with a minimum age policy (I think 16 yrs old).

2. If you prefer balcony cabins, Summit has more of them to choose from and they are larger (cabin-wise and balcony-wise).

3. Since you really liked Equinox/Solstice, you will probably find to your liking the Solstice features (restaurants, etc) that Summit received during her recent makeover. By the way, the Normandie specialty restaurant (which was put in when the ship was built), is excellent.

Archived