Live from Alaska - July 6th-July 20th!

WalleyeLJ

We were exhausted:D. We ended up within 75 feet or so of a couple of the bears at Katmai. We watched one male graze while we had lunch as a group, and we could hear him tearing the grass up with his teeth...

L.J.

Wow...when you go out in the woods today you better watch out for bears. Today's the day of the teddy bear picnic...well larger than teddy bears. Wow again!!

"My apologies to all who were following this thread. I had the best of intentions but failed my goal:(. That said, I will be starting a new review from scratch will more detail and photos, hopefully starting this weeknd, which will run the whole trip - I promise! I'll post the new review link here for anyone who wants to give me another shot;). Here's a sneak peak at the photos from Day 4..."

WELCOME HOME LJ!!!

glad you are back! of course we'll give you another shot, after all, vacation is for vacationing, imho :eek: you just got so busy having fun & getting great shots, there was not enough time for posting too! :D totally looking forward to more wonderful pics, keep up the great work.

LJ,

Let me get personal. What tour did you book in Homer to get those bear photos? What did it cost? I've got to check it out on my next trip in two years.

How was H&M's?

framer

Hey framer,

Great pano btw! We booked K Bay Air/Alaska Bear Adventures. It was $650 pp, but we picked up a buy one, get one free offer on Groupon. H&M was great - we went out twice! Once in the morning with Jay/Harv's daughter, Jayleen, and then Jay himself in the evening. Photo conditions were not as good as 2009, but we actually saw a lot more whales.

L.J.

Can you tell me what the weather was like? I am leaving in a week.

Our weather was almost exclusively in the mid 50s. It was cloudy and a bit breezy some days, two in Seward with light rain, mostly sunny on a couple of others for the land portion. For the cruise segment we had no rain at all until we got off the ship in Vancouver. At Hubbard Glacier it was so nice I was almost down to my t-shirt! That said, the Radiance crew said that was the first time they had sun at Hubbard this seaon, and the first week that didn't have rain at some point during several days of the cruise. I even got down to a t-shirt in Ketchikan while we were salmon fishing. Everywhere we went in Alaska the locals said it was one of the coldest, dreaiest summers in recent memory. Hopefully our week was the turning of the corner for the rest of the summer. Have a great trip!

L.J.

Archived