Best dining option on formal night for those that don't dress up

kr9457

Do you really think you have answered my question ? I do not see any reference to the location of the data you so freely use to dispute true posts.

The answer to your question is you can't definitively access a cruisers history. The drop down I supplied you earlier shows their posting history which will usually give you a good idea of when and where they have cruised. Also, others do post their cruising history in their signature. Hope that answers your question.

Oh, excuse me, you haven't cruised Celebrity in what is it four years and you are giving out current bad advise on the dining room....I would suggest also that you check my posts and your statement is false. I do not inform people that full formal dress is a true requirement, I also explain the exceptions however do not give my opinion of what the dress should be or what I wear. Your advice is just bad.

I stand behind my statement, how credible is someone who hasn't cruised in four years on Celebrity and only comes on this board to bust chops about the dress code for which he has no personal experience recently.

Where is the information on a person's cruise history?

My question was where do you get a person's cruise history to support the negative comments? I do not post my cruise history on CC.

All past posts are available for viewing. People often review them to learn more about posters. Past statements might reveal details about cruising history, interests and possible bias. Honestly, the advice you have been offering to the OP on this thread is way off the mark. I know many of the poster who have reacted and they are some of the most experienced Celebrity cruisers. One is the most frequent Clebrity cruiser. I know that they aren't just "defend Celebrity" people. Check their past post and you'll see that they've been pretty balanced in their comments.

Do you really think you have answered my question ? I do not see any reference to the location of the data you so freely use to dispute true posts.

Click on your own Cruise Critic name:

swedish weave View Public Profile Find all posts by swedish weave Add swedish weave to Your Contacts

Click on View Public Profile and we can see all your posts including which ships on which you may have sailed.

Many of us on the Celebrity boards recognize regular posters whose views we respect even when we disagree because they have experienced what they post unlike some others who give advice to people without having set on an actual Celebrity sailing(s).

The answer to your question is you can't definitively access a cruisers history. The drop down I supplied you earlier shows their posting history which will usually give you a good idea of when and where they have cruised. Also, others do post their cruising history in their signature. Hope that answers your question.

So you are using CC posting records to basically call a person a liar ??? That defeats the purpose of those who use CC to get information about a cruise or cruise line.

It truly sends a negative image when posts are challenged by those whose opinions differ and do not have the facts to support the opinions.

Click on your own Cruise Critic name:

swedish weave View Public Profile Find all posts by swedish weave Add swedish weave to Your Contacts

Click on View Public Profile and we can see all your posts including which ships on which you may have sailed.

Many of us on the Celebrity boards recognize regular posters whose views we respect even when we disagree because they have experienced what they post unlike some others who give advice to people without having set on an actual Celebrity sailing(s).

You DO NOT see the ships or cruise lines I have sailed using this method.

Flawed logic. You are saying if I don't post on CC, I have not done it, and that is incorrect.

So you are using CC posting records to basically call a person a liar ??? That defeats the purpose of those who use CC to get information about a cruise or cruise line.

It truly sends a negative image when posts are challenged by those whose opinions differ and do not have the facts to support the opinions.

No, I'm not, he's admitted it in previous threads...I do have the facts which come from being on the board more than a week..You are the one without the facts...

The only negative image is created by any person who has not experienced any sailings on Celebrity and projects their past personal conduct on another cruiseline as if it is the norm on Celebrity.

There will always a big difference between the behaviour a company expects from its passengers and what certain passengers actually get away with.

The OP's question has been answered. they can dine on their balcony. They can go to any Speciality restaurant. They can enjoy the buffet. There are many choices and they won't starve. Now the Hosts may close this thread and send it t cyberland.

You DO NOT see the ships or cruise lines I have sailed using this method.

Flawed logic. You are saying if I don't post on CC, I have not done it, and that is incorrect.

There is no logic in wasting time on Cruise Critic clothing threads with people of varying opinions. However we do it all the time. My fingers get flexibility exercise and I get to smile a lot when I think of Robert Heinlein's famous quote.

The regulars on these boards who have been on roll calls with other posters have earned their "spurs."

People who post without a sailing history to give substance to their posts will always be challenged.

On my last few cruises, the "formal" attire was anything but......men in tuxedos were rare, most men wore sports jackets, some men wore collared shirts, women in short skirts or slacks, very few long dresses. I used to bring exquisite formal attire until it was stolen from my suitcase. Now I am more casual. On my last cruise, I wore a short black knit skirt and a blouse. It was neat and clean....nothing fancy. Most people fit in this description. The only thing that was not allowed was shorts. If you want to eat in the MDR, wear whatever you want. You may get a few stares. So what..It's your cruise, enjoy it.

A rather inane question ! They may eat where they choose. That includes the MDR if they choose and if it is allowed

The OP asked where else besides the MDR they could eat without getting dressed up, therefore it is not inane.Your arguements make no sense whatsoever...You can't in one post say you want to stay with the question and then in another twist it around to say lets not.

I propose a new Sticky. It would contain three lists:

1. Posters we read for helpful information

2. Posters we read to laugh

3. Posters we simply ignore

The same poster my be listed on both 1 and 2.

They asked for options in the title of the thread.

Thats why you have to read more than the title. Here is the first line, note it says "besides the MDR."

"where would be the best place to dine on formal night besides the MDR?"

I will try once more and then will put our Un- helpful friend into category 3 for all further posts.

The OP asked where BESIDES the main dining room. It was answered. It's over.

please respond once more to join the 5k club!:D

This thread has run it's course...

Archived