When was the last time the menu changed?

Do they give menu info ahead of time or do we just find out what night is what the night of the cruise? It has been nice to find out they offer steak & chicken alternatives nightly. What about other appetizers and/or plain salads? Are different than the daily appetizers available?

I don't know exactly when they change it, but we always check the dinner menu when we go for breakfast in the morning.

Apps are always different every day. There is usually some sort of plain salad, or at least something that could be considered plain if the extras were removed :D, but if you let your server know you would like a plain or garden salad every night, I'll bet they can make arrangements for you.

They offer the same show twice every night. For early dinner, the show is after dinner. For late dinner, the show is before dinner.

I'll add "usually". The late dinner show was after dinner on the first formal night because of the Captain's party. And the very first and very last shows were only one show each night -- around 7:15 (with a 5:30 early dinner and an 8pm late dinner -- so early dinner guests were late to the show and late dinner guests were late for dinner).

I know some things have been added while others have gone away. I don't ever expect to see a major overhaul. Sticking with the same menu allows the bean counters to get a very good idea of what the food budget is going to be, months in advance. They can look at the futures market and determine how much it will cost to have enough beef on the Explorer for a 7 night cruise 9 months out.

I can only hope RCCL doesn't follow CCL in the redesign of their menu. I recently looked at RCCL 7 day menus and they are vastly superior to CCL. CCL has comfort food, garbage in my opinion, I mean who goes on a cruise to eat meatloaf, fried chicken and mac & cheese. I just returned from the Carnival Dream and was completely displeased with the slop that was served in both the MDR and buffet.

Haven't cruised RCCL since 2004, but we are booked on the EOS to Bermuda in OCT. I don't think the food could be any worse than what we just experienced.

Wow, sorry to hear CCL go downhill foodwise (or are you citing buffet foods above?). Been a few years since we sailed one but at that time, it seemed they were getting better and RCCL was on the downturn.

, but if you let your server know you would like a plain or garden salad every night, I'll bet they can make arrangements for you.

DH likes a plain wedge salad with ranch dressing and has been fairly successful in getting it.

While I can agree if they dropped things like the onion tart or honey stung chicken there might be an "uprising" but I think they could do away with a lot of the "chicken and pasta" dishes that turn up every other night but with a different name (lol).

The ranch steak which was universally panned took a couple of years to get off the menu. By now, they should know, or have a good idea, what is hot and what is not. I agree with the OP that said it boils down to budget and availability. Pasta is cheap. Lamb chops are not.

Tucker in Texas

Maine Lobster (+$25) on MN last weekend. Good sizes. No more snails, too hard to get, according to head waiter. Bay scallops are being served on the snail plates, and advertised as Bay scallops. Our lobster was free, thank you Captain.

Rick and Deirdra

Archived