Radiance, Rhapsody, or Voyager of the seas?

My partner and I went on our first cruise to NZ last year on Radiance and we absolutely loved the ship! She is a beautiful ship and we were lucky to have great weather as well. We had a balcony cabin and the ship was so light and airy with so much glass.

We also bought a package for the specialty restaurants which in my opinion was great value.

My brother and his family also went on Radiance to the South Pacific on a 9 day cruise last December and they also thoroughly enjoyed it as well.

I really don't have any complaints - our aft cabin on the port side was nice (and quiet!), the food was good although we tended to avoid the Windjammer, the food was a little ordinary at times. Most of the time I had breakfast in the Park Cafe which was a lot less crowded. The Margarita Happy Hour at Rita's was really good & the Margaritas are HUGE!

My partner is someone who would get bored easily but he didn't on the ship, much to my surprise. He always had plenty to do or watch on the ship and would go for a wander often. The movie selection in your cabin was limited but who really cares! We are both looking forward to when we book our next cruise - we are planning to take another cruise on Radiance on the Sydney-Hawaii leg, would be great if we could do a B2B cruise and do the Hawaii-Vancouver leg as well but wish we had an endless pot of money to spend on holidays.

If you want any more info about Radiance, please let me know. I haven't cruised on the Voyager or Vision class ships but we might try them sometime in the future.

A bit old now so the original question has probably been decided, but as there was a necropost, I'd add that Voyager was the clear stand-out for me from the three. Just so much more to do, a better vibe and I felt a better layout. I didn't find Radiance so appealing after the refurb but the Voyager just has a whole lot more.

Not that Radiance is bad, but Voyager was much better for me.

Haven't been back on the Rhapsody since the Rugby World Cup not long before its refurb but we are about to book another cruise on her - a great ship. We weren't overly impressed with the Voyager. Concierge Lounge was awful, Diamond Lounge was makeshift but at least it had a view, long queues to get into the dining room at lunchtime, food average but not bad, too many people for our liking and not enough choices of restaurants which we know will change after its refurb. Great CD, ice show was fabulous and we loved the Promenade but overall, give me the Radiance any day - great refurb, great Concierge and Diamond Lounge, fabulous specialty restaurants - too many great days and nights on the Radiance to not rate it our number one ship.

Cheers

Di

It's all down to personal choice. We've sailed on all 3 classes of ship and all offer something different.

Radiance class ships are one of our favourite, lots of glass and outside connection with the sea. They also have more going on than Vision class - some people want the quieter type of cruise? We personally would lean more towards Radiance or Voyager.

As stated, Voyager has the Royal Promenade and all the parades etc. as well as the ice shows. If you are travelling with children, they usually prefer the larger ships as there are more activities and entertainment specifically for them.

We cruised Solstice last Christmas, Australia and NZ, and enjoyed our cruise. We felt no movement on this ship across the Tasman, something we did feel quite a lot of on Splendour (vision class) and that was only in the Med ;). Saying that, we're going from one extreme to another this year, a week on Oasis followed by 5 nights on EOS :eek:.

My husband and I have sailed the Radiance class several times, and for us, all of them have been a wonderful experience. We visited Alaska and Hawaii both on board Radiance of the Seas, and there was nothing not to love about it. We find the Voyager class is way too large, too crowded, too loud. And yes, Rhapsody perhaps, too small. Radiance is, in our opinion, the best option.

A bit old now so the original question has probably been decided, but as there was a necropost, I'd add that Voyager was the clear stand-out for me from the three. Just so much more to do, a better vibe and I felt a better layout. I didn't find Radiance so appealing after the refurb but the Voyager just has a whole lot more.

Not that Radiance is bad, but Voyager was much better for me.

I would say the exact opposite for me, wouldn't do Voyager again, and really didn't like the layout at all. Felt like a shopping mall. Love Rhapsody and Radiance, and would pick either over Voyager. It's great RCL have so many beautiful ships they have something for everyone.

Agreed Cruisincat.

We have just booked the Radiance for the Pacific Islands in December, great itinerary and from all account a beautiful Ship with great Ocean views from all over the Ship.

We have been on the Voyager a couple of months ago and we enjoyed it but I am not really fussed on a Promenade, I like to see the ocean and prefer a Ship that looks outward rather than inward.

I can visit a Mall if I want what the Promenade offers.

There are few Bars or areas on the Voyager that look outward to the Ocean in any meaningful way other than the Pool Bars.

I would say the exact opposite for me, wouldn't do Voyager again, and really didn't like the layout at all. Felt like a shopping mall. Love Rhapsody and Radiance, and would pick either over Voyager. It's great RCL have so many beautiful ships they have something for everyone.

Exactly! We sailed Adventure and it felt like a shopping mall! Now we're sailing the Freedom class soon. We hope it's a better experience. I think Radiance will always be our favorite...

Archived