I have a complaint

Have there been things I could b***h about? Yes. Have there been 100 things better than that one? Yes. If a person chooses to see the positive they will, if they choose to only see that one negative, they tend to b***h very loudly about it.

My wish for others is that they would see the 100 positive things over that one negative. When I see a negative review, I skip it. I know that negative person doesn't enjoy life, much less an amazing cruise. We are the lucky few who can afford such wonderful things, be thankful :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So are you looking for compensation, refund? What's your angle? ;)

Seriously, glad all went well. Nice when that happens isn't it?

Maybe you'll have some valid complaints next time. The more you cruise the better the odds of running into some of the things you 'missed'. ;)

So I am not a pro at CC posting but I do have a complaint. I have been reading so many posts that made me re think booking my cruise. Just back and I have a major concern. Why was my cruise such a delight? We got up early and had no problems with deck chairs. We used the water slides and pools and didn't end up with an STD or flesh eating disease. We ordered drinks but were not bothered every other minute to buy another. We ate in the MDR and the service was fine and the food was not cold. We had ice in our cabin without asking twice a day. No horrific children knocked on our doors. No smokers blew in our faces. No people ate in the MDR bare footed. The people in the buffet eating in robes at least had them tied closed. Nobody slipped and fell because of their shoe wear. Nobody seized and died because of other peoples' footwear. What am I missing? I read all of these things on CC and never got to experience any of them. We never even saw pier runners:-(

LOL!! thanks for that morning laugh!! :D

So I am not a pro at CC posting but I do have a complaint. I have been reading so many posts that made me re think booking my cruise. Just back and I have a major concern. Why was my cruise such a delight? We got up early and had no problems with deck chairs. We used the water slides and pools and didn't end up with an STD or flesh eating disease. We ordered drinks but were not bothered every other minute to buy another. We ate in the MDR and the service was fine and the food was not cold. We had ice in our cabin without asking twice a day. No horrific children knocked on our doors. No smokers blew in our faces. No people ate in the MDR bare footed. The people in the buffet eating in robes at least had them tied closed. Nobody slipped and fell because of their shoe wear. Nobody seized and died because of other peoples' footwear. What am I missing? I read all of these things on CC and never got to experience any of them. We never even saw pier runners:-(

That's the difference between cruising on Cruise Critic, and cruising on a Carnival ship.

It's obvious. Your problem is you are not looking to be miserable. If you would try a little harder to look for the bad and dwell on it you would be as "happy" as those who find these things more easily. :rolleyes:

Yes, that's all tongue in cheek but I share your viewpoint. I see things that aren't perfect on a cruise but I choose to overlook them. The worst cruise I've been on (and I've sailed through hurricanes on a ship) have been fun and fantastic. I choose to have fun and overlook pety problems. The staff will do everything they can to ensure you have a fun cruise. Nothing is perfect but it's not as bad as some people say either.

I think, no matter what kind of vacation you go on, you'll find people that report what a "horrible" time they had and that they will never go back. Everything was wrong, the service, food, entertainment.....We go to Disney World at least once a year and if you look at their message boards, you'll see the same thing about cold, nasty food, dirty parks, rude people, terrible room conditions. Some people just want to voice the negative. We've been on several cruise and 19 Disney World trips and none have been perfect, but we choose to overlook the small stuff and enjoy our vacation. :) Some don't....:rolleyes:

I have to admitt if you missed or didn't have any pier runners that was a miss. I have never laughed so hard than that. As far as the complaining you have to pick your battles, I look at it like if it isn't life threatening then is it worth getting worked up over. It is vacation lets let it roll or float.

Good for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad that you had a great time and that your only complaint is having NO COMPLAINTS *LOL*

If you go around looking for imperfections in everything and comparing everything, you will always find something to complain about . Good for you not falling into all that .

I still shake my head when someone comes back from a beautiful cruise , and they shoot off a long list of the most ridiculous things to piss and moan about.

A couple little blurbs about the food, service and ports , condition of the ship (You know , the stuff people really want to hear about) :) , and a rambling saga about the guy who was wearing jeans , and a book left on a lounge chair.

Because for every complaint you read there are a hundred more "good" reviews out there that are not published here.

You have discovered what I did awhile ago.

CC boards are great entertainment but take most of what you read with a grain of salt.

Glad you had a great cruise!!! :D

If I had paid attention to many of the reviews for my last cruise I would've cancelled it instead of going and having a great time. People are much more likely to complain than offer praise. And, you'll also notice that many complainers only get on here to complain, and have very low posting numbers.

To paraphrase an old quote: Asking a happy cruiser what he thinks about cruise critics is like asking a fire hydrant what it thinks about dogs.

If you cruise more you will see those things. You shouldn't expect to see all that on one cruise. When you read those things here they are in parts here or there and more good is posted up than bad unless you just focused on the bad reviews I guess.

Anyway, glad you had a good cruise.

Just off the ship on Sunday and we actually discussed this one night after dinner. We didnt even notice what others were wearing in the MDR. Even after talking about it, I didnt take notice of anyone. We were enjoying ourselves and the fun we were having.

Now, we did see "pier runners", but they were more like pier walkers. They were the last two guys coming from St. Kitts and STROLLED down the pier while the guys working the gangway waited for them. No sooner had they boarded when they pushed the gangway onto the ship. This was 5:45 when on board time was 5:00 and sail away was 5:30.

8 cruises and never a bad experience. Maybe I'm not as delicate as the rest of these ppl? Lol!

I know I'm not a "seasoned cruiser" (have only been on three); however, to me it seems like the most "delicate" cruisers are those who have been on a million cruises and get soooooo offended that they aren't regarded to as some "saint status" and don't get to be paraded in front of everyone else for every single action on the cruise. Personally, I might sound cynical so bare with me, but I think a lot of it is they're really not that upset. They just want to come on here and ruuuub it in that they're of some high and mighty status and want others to think they're all that and a bag of chips, LOL.

I'm proud to say I've only been on three cruises. Any more than that, I am afraid my cruise would lose it's "wow" factor for me and my children. I enjoy the fact they are so easily "wow'd." That's a gift in itself.....I don't care HOW much money I would have to cruise. We are a family of "minimalism." This way there is more appreciation for all of God's gifts to us. So in that, I don't think I could EVER have a complaint about my personal cruise. Just to be able to go on one is just a blessing for me and my family. :o Maybe this is why the "million plus cruisers" have so many complaints. They've been spoiled to the fact they cruise anytime they want to; thus, the appreciation of the blessing is lost. Maybe?

Have there been things I could b***h about? Yes. Have there been 100 things better than that one? Yes. If a person chooses to see the positive they will, if they choose to only see that one negative, they tend to b***h very loudly about it.

My wish for others is that they would see the 100 positive things over that one negative. When I see a negative review, I skip it. I know that negative person doesn't enjoy life, much less an amazing cruise. We are the lucky few who can afford such wonderful things, be thankful :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THIS is EXACTLY the point I was making!!!..... "We are the lucky few who can afford such wonderful things, be thankful :)" Thank you for being a frequent cruiser who still appreciates your blessings. ;):)

Some people love to complain and seemed determined to have a miserable time unless everything is perfect. I try to enjoy myself on vaction no matter what the situation is since I don't get many vacations. A couple long lines, rude passengers, or poor MDR service doesn't ruin my vacation. I forget about it or make adjustments.

A lot of people seem to expect 5 star service and food at 2 star prices. Let's face it Carvnival has a lower price which makes it attractive, but you are going to get a budget crowd. Doesn't bother me. But if you want upscale food and service and an upscale crowd you got to pay for one of the other luxury lines.

If you cruise more you will see those things. You shouldn't expect to see all that on one cruise. When you read those things here they are in parts here or there and more good is posted up than bad unless you just focused on the bad reviews I guess.

Anyway, glad you had a good cruise.

I've cruised 15 times on Carnival alone and have not seen them.

But I'm not looking for things to complain about.

Archived