I have a complaint

So glad you had a good time! I posted a positive statement when I returned from my cruise back in May. It was very similar to yours. I think the very first reply was someone attacking my choice of words, and that just because I did not experience any bad things, did not mean it does not happen all the time. SHEESH! What a buzz kill some people can be!

So glad you had a good time! I posted a positive statement when I returned from my cruise back in May. It was very similar to yours. I think the very first reply was someone attacking my choice of words, and that just because I did not experience any bad things, did not mean it does not happen all the time. SHEESH! What a buzz kill some people can be!

That's ok- I got attacked too- but the attack and my response seem to have fell off the board. Which is cool- keepin' it positive!

I do have to check You Tube for pier runners to convince my DH that we can't be late in the future:)

I would venture a guess that it may have been the same person...just speculating, but there's a pattern. :p

8 cruises and never a bad experience. Maybe I'm not as delicate as the rest of these ppl? Lol!

I agree, the only complaint I have is that it's over and I have to wait for the next one. According to some on CC we have a good time because we accept mediocrity:rolleyes:whatever!! Great post thanks for sharing;)

So I am not a pro at CC posting but I do have a complaint. I have been reading so many posts that made me re think booking my cruise. Just back and I have a major concern. Why was my cruise such a delight? We got up early and had no problems with deck chairs. We used the water slides and pools and didn't end up with an STD or flesh eating disease. We ordered drinks but were not bothered every other minute to buy another. We ate in the MDR and the service was fine and the food was not cold. We had ice in our cabin without asking twice a day. No horrific children knocked on our doors. No smokers blew in our faces. No people ate in the MDR bare footed. The people in the buffet eating in robes at least had them tied closed. Nobody slipped and fell because of their shoe wear. Nobody seized and died because of other peoples' footwear. What am I missing? I read all of these things on CC and never got to experience any of them. We never even saw pier runners:-(

Please be forewarned...you are in danger of being called a Carnival "Cheerleader" :eek:. Any one who can overlook the little annoyances and throughly enjoy their cruises will eventually be called Carnival "Cheerleader" by those who overlook the good stuff on their cruise only to constantly complain about the little annoyances the rest of us overlook. It's a vicious cycle ;).

I know I'm not a "seasoned cruiser" (have only been on three); however, to me it seems like the most "delicate" cruisers are those who have been on a million cruises and get soooooo offended that they aren't regarded to as some "saint status" and don't get to be paraded in front of everyone else for every single action on the cruise. Personally, I might sound cynical so bare with me, but I think a lot of it is they're really not that upset. They just want to come on here and ruuuub it in that they're of some high and mighty status and want others to think they're all that and a bag of chips, LOL.

I'm proud to say I've only been on three cruises. Any more than that, I am afraid my cruise would lose it's "wow" factor for me and my children. I enjoy the fact they are so easily "wow'd." That's a gift in itself.....I don't care HOW much money I would have to cruise. We are a family of "minimalism." This way there is more appreciation for all of God's gifts to us. So in that, I don't think I could EVER have a complaint about my personal cruise. Just to be able to go on one is just a blessing for me and my family. :o Maybe this is why the "million plus cruisers" have so many complaints. They've been spoiled to the fact they cruise anytime they want to; thus, the appreciation of the blessing is lost. Maybe?

Preach it, gurl! I haven't had a bad experience because I go with the flow and do not panic over the small stuff that really does not matter to my life. Lines at the buffet? Oh well. People in a deck chair too long? Oh well. No Platinum line at the toilet with a room steward to wipe your hiney? Oh well.

I know I'm not a "seasoned cruiser" (have only been on three); however, to me it seems like the most "delicate" cruisers are those who have been on a million cruises and get soooooo offended that they aren't regarded to as some "saint status" and don't get to be paraded in front of everyone else for every single action on the cruise. Personally, I might sound cynical so bare with me, but I think a lot of it is they're really not that upset. They just want to come on here and ruuuub it in that they're of some high and mighty status and want others to think they're all that and a bag of chips, LOL.

I'm proud to say I've only been on three cruises. Any more than that, I am afraid my cruise would lose it's "wow" factor for me and my children. I enjoy the fact they are so easily "wow'd." That's a gift in itself.....I don't care HOW much money I would have to cruise. We are a family of "minimalism." This way there is more appreciation for all of God's gifts to us. So in that, I don't think I could EVER have a complaint about my personal cruise. Just to be able to go on one is just a blessing for me and my family. :o Maybe this is why the "million plus cruisers" have so many complaints. They've been spoiled to the fact they cruise anytime they want to; thus, the appreciation of the blessing is lost. Maybe?

You know....I think that sums it up.....

Wake up....it's just like the old days....you want "special status"....then pay for it

You have discovered what I did awhile ago.

CC boards are great entertainment but take most of what you read with a grain of salt.

Exactly! Before my friend and I went on the Dream last year, we were totally freaked out because of all the negative reviews. We got on the ship and had an AMAZING time.

Some people around here are just plain miserable and always find something to complain about. Others are spoiled brats - God forbid they have to wait 5 minutes for their food and they throw a tantrum.

OP - glad you had a great time! I will chime in with my love for watching pier runners, though. It's a must see - LOL!

Lol, great post. I have a complaint too! Carnival is making me wait until next year to get on the Breeze. I think I'm going to call my Congressman.

lmao ! I'm with you on that one ! I have to wait too. Until October 2013 for my Breeze cruise.. sheeesh! the nerve!.. Imagine that ! Making us wait.. that ought to be outlawed. .. we need to start a campaign or something..lol ;)

lmao ! I'm with you on that one ! I have to wait too. Until October 2013 for my Breeze cruise.. sheeesh! the nerve!.. Imagine that ! Making us wait.. that ought to be outlawed. .. we need to start a campaign or something..lol ;)

I had the same problem--next cruise was booked for June of next year. So, I decided to give myself a birthday present and booked B2B cruises in August. Now I'm at 30 days until my next cruise instead of more than 300! :D

I have the same complaint after 13 cruises I still love Carnival and cruising, have NEVER had an experience worth complaining about:D

I'm with you on this one too.. the only complaint I ever had, was that my cruise came to an end.. darn ! ;)

Some people love to complain and seemed determined to have a miserable time unless everything is perfect. I try to enjoy myself on vaction no matter what the situation is since I don't get many vacations. A couple long lines, rude passengers, or poor MDR service doesn't ruin my vacation. I forget about it or make adjustments.

A lot of people seem to expect 5 star service and food at 2 star prices. Let's face it Carvnival has a lower price which makes it attractive, but you are going to get a budget crowd. Doesn't bother me. But if you want upscale food and service and an upscale crowd you got to pay for one of the other luxury lines.

I'm with you 100%. I don't get the people who come here and constantly complain. I'm no 'cheerleader' by any stretch of the means. But I know what i'm paying for (and set my expectations accordingly). If the day comes that Carnival isn't giving me what I need, I won't whine or complain about it -i'll simply move to another line.

I think the best view to watch the pier runners is from the Pier level, it is like in 3D, and they are running right at you. (Unless you are the one running)

Great idea! We usually watch from the balcony if we're on the right side. Where would you go to do this?

Anyway OP glad you had a good time. I travel a lot for work and am easily annoyed by things and then that annoyance takes over the whole experience. I try like heck on cruises to stay in my Zen bubble and not let anything annoy me. Ensures a happier experience. Sounds like you don't even need the bubble!

Please be forewarned...you are in danger of being called a Carnival "Cheerleader" :eek:. Any one who can overlook the little annoyances and throughly enjoy their cruises will eventually be called Carnival "Cheerleader" by those who overlook the good stuff on their cruise only to constantly complain about the little annoyances the rest of us overlook. It's a vicious cycle ;).

Well that's cool too- I've never been called a cheerleader before. Team mascot, sumo wrestler, smart with a good personality yes- but never cheerleader:-) If that's all then flame on ;-)

Good job, princesstiffany! So many people take the time to complain - it's so nice to see a positive, happy post and all the responses to the positive, as well!

Vacation is awesome - you gotta love it! Thanks for taking the time to speak positive words!

i agree, the only complaint i have is that it's over and i have to wait for the next one. According to some on cc we have a good time because we accept mediocrity:rolleyes:whatever!! Great post thanks for sharing;)

i have the same complaint after 13 cruises i still love carnival and cruising, have never had an experience worth complaining about:d

lmao ! I'm with you on that one ! I have to wait too. Until october 2013 for my breeze cruise.. Sheeesh! The nerve!.. Imagine that ! Making us wait.. That ought to be outlawed. .. We need to start a campaign or something..lol ;)

like!!!

Good job, princesstiffany! So many people take the time to complain - it's so nice to see a positive, happy post and all the responses to the positive, as well!

Vacation is awesome - you gotta love it! Thanks for taking the time to speak positive words!

Thanks Floring (and all the other happy people). This is making me remember and love our cruise even more. I'm not getting the post cruise depression I read about!!!!! I wish I had the patience and know how to do a review. But I think it would just be the same old same old (only all happy). I don't think I would have any sage advice to have. we did really enjoy the silly stuff like the game room and water slide. And we didn't worry about over planning. And even though we planned to sleep in we never could because we couldn't wait to see the beautiful water every morning. Sigh...

I'd say your cruise was like 99% of other cruisers. Some people love to bi____ (you know what I mean) on the internet and make big deals over nothing. My only complaint about cruises is they seem to end way too soon.

Totally agree princesstiffany!

We took our first cruise just a month ago and totally loved it. We also booked the Breeze for next summer and are greatly anticipating the wonderful time we will have.

I want to see pier runners! I know it is rude to laugh at another's expense but this just seems like something to crack me up.

Oh, I had the fried chicken in the MDR twice! It was some of the best fried chicken I have ever had and the mashed potatoes were so creamy. I like "regular" food and wouldn't want anything too fancy anyway.

PS - are you the same princesstiffany on the dis? I thought it was funny to run into a poster I "know" from another place :)

Archived