I have a complaint

So I am not a pro at CC posting but I do have a complaint. I have been reading so many posts that made me re think booking my cruise. Just back and I have a major concern. Why was my cruise such a delight? We got up early and had no problems with deck chairs. We used the water slides and pools and didn't end up with an STD or flesh eating disease. We ordered drinks but were not bothered every other minute to buy another. We ate in the MDR and the service was fine and the food was not cold. We had ice in our cabin without asking twice a day. No horrific children knocked on our doors. No smokers blew in our faces. No people ate in the MDR bare footed. The people in the buffet eating in robes at least had them tied closed. Nobody slipped and fell because of their shoe wear. Nobody seized and died because of other peoples' footwear. What am I missing? I read all of these things on CC and never got to experience any of them. We never even saw pier runners:-(

Remember that cruise critic is probably not a good representation of the cruisers as a whole.

Most people have a fabulous time on their cruise, just like you did.

Just think, are you more likely to tell everyone you know if I walk up and punch you, or give you a rose? Punch, or course. When people are mad they tell everyone, when they are happy they just smile and have a good time.

Enjoy your next cruise!

So sorry you missed the pier runners. Just doesn't seem like a real cruise without those!

In truth, never seen much of what you did not see on any of my cruises. Have had an occasional loud child, scuff, drunk or other rude behavior, but never seen the droves of them either. I think many just over generalize or blow isolated events out of proportion.

I understand what you are saying. Sometimes I am so busy having fun that I forget to look for all these horrible things going on around me. I am determined on my next cruise in Oct. to not have so much fun and really look for things I can complain about when I get back. I am entitled you know...:D

Maybe the true problem os that no matter how hard you try, there are some people that you will not make happy, no matter how hard you try.

And alot of those people like to come here on CC and when and complain about every little think. But different people n the same cruise come on and say it was their best cruise ever.

Actually watching pier runners is part of the fun.

Glad you had a good time

Thank you. We had such a great time. I admit it is wrong to want to watch people run for the ship. And all the other stuff. But my DH is not on CC and I had told him all this stuff and now he thinks I'm a bit of a nut for watching CC. At least there were robe wearers and thank goodness they wore their belts. But still I was so insistant getting us back on the ship early so we wouldn't be pier runners. He said to me just relax the ship won't leave without us. And then we went and watched every day and nobody was late. Now he thinks we can be late

Sorry you had such a good time. Next time try harder, it's all up to you, if you want to have a bad cruise ....you can :D what about tips?

Oh maybe that was why it worked out! I didn't even think about that. We left the auto tips but also tipped in cash our cabin steward the first and last day. Same with our wait staff. And same with our fave bartender. You are right!!!! I never thought all the tips might have made it better!!!! Well worth it.

I'm so glad that you had a great time princesstiffany! I feel the same way about people complaining about things I've never really seen. I understand having valid concerns but sometimes it seems like some people are looking for things to complain about.I think your original post is refreshing and hilarious.

:D:D

I never some pier runners.......I really wanted to (I did want them to make it though, I would feel bad at people being left....but I did laugh at them on youtube)

Maybe the true problem os that no matter how hard you try, there are some people that you will not make happy, no matter how hard you try.

And alot of those people like to come here on CC and when and complain about every little think. But different people n the same cruise come on and say it was their best cruise ever.

So your experience was different.. that odd cruise where everything isnt so great happens??

Both are valid so I dont get acting like only your experience is valid.. let people express how they feel. Why complain because you had a different experience?? thats called flaming and unkind.

I think its great you have a lovely experience .. but I dont understand your "complaint" because others said they had some less than perfect cruises .. both are valid and should be allowed here without having someone complaining.

You missed the point.

So I am not a pro at CC posting but I do have a complaint. I have been reading so many posts that made me re think booking my cruise. Just back and I have a major concern. Why was my cruise such a delight? We got up early and had no problems with deck chairs. We used the water slides and pools and didn't end up with an STD or flesh eating disease. We ordered drinks but were not bothered every other minute to buy another. We ate in the MDR and the service was fine and the food was not cold. We had ice in our cabin without asking twice a day. No horrific children knocked on our doors. No smokers blew in our faces. No people ate in the MDR bare footed. The people in the buffet eating in robes at least had them tied closed. Nobody slipped and fell because of their shoe wear. Nobody seized and died because of other peoples' footwear. What am I missing? I read all of these things on CC and never got to experience any of them. We never even saw pier runners:-(

Sure you were on a Carnival cruise?:D

Remember that cruise critic is probably not a good representation of the cruisers as a whole.

Most people have a fabulous time on their cruise, just like you did.

Just think, are you more likely to tell everyone you know if I walk up and punch you, or give you a rose? Punch, or course. When people are mad they tell everyone, when they are happy they just smile and have a good time.

Enjoy your next cruise!

Well said!!!:D:D:D

WHAT???? NO PIER RUNNERS ??? YOU WERE ROBBED!! I guess you will just have to book another one, just to make sure all the above holds true.... and you are owed a pier runner or two :p:p

Archived