I have a complaint

Totally agree princesstiffany!

We took our first cruise just a month ago and totally loved it. We also booked the Breeze for next summer and are greatly anticipating the wonderful time we will have.

I want to see pier runners! I know it is rude to laugh at another's expense but this just seems like something to crack me up.

Oh, I had the fried chicken in the MDR twice! It was some of the best fried chicken I have ever had and the mashed potatoes were so creamy. I like "regular" food and wouldn't want anything too fancy anyway.

PS - are you the same princesstiffany on the dis? I thought it was funny to run into a poster I "know" from another place :)

I am the same. I know it is a dorky screen name and should change it. I love all things Disney and have since I I was a kid. My favorite Aunt was named Tiffany. But I loved my Carnival cruise and would not have changed a thing. I just wondered about branching out to Disney- but it seems to cost a lot more. My DH hasn't been to Disney anything. We may just head to Disney World for our anniversary this year and keep our Carnival cruise reservation next year.

Totally agree princesstiffany!

We took our first cruise just a month ago and totally loved it. We also booked the Breeze for next summer and are greatly anticipating the wonderful time we will have.

I want to see pier runners! I know it is rude to laugh at another's expense but this just seems like something to crack me up.

Oh, I had the fried chicken in the MDR twice! It was some of the best fried chicken I have ever had and the mashed potatoes were so creamy. I like "regular" food and wouldn't want anything too fancy anyway.

PS - are you the same princesstiffany on the dis? I thought it was funny to run into a poster I "know" from another place :)

:cool:Oh no!!!!!!!!!!:eek: You had fried chicken!!!!:o I did too and it was good!! :D Sometimes it's Ok to eat "regular food"!!!!:) Yes you do need to see the "Pier Runners"!!

DH and I cruised on Carnival a couple of times and then tried Princess. Then we cruised on Carnival again before trying RCCL. This year we are back with Carnival in December. Do we see a trend????? :D While we enjoyed our cruises on Princess and RCCL, we like the Carnival product.

PrincessTiffany, I am glad you had a GREAT cruise!! Hopefully next time you will get to see some pier runners!!!

Im you mentioned the 'regular food' thing...when we went on the Disney cruise we actually thought the food in the Dining Rooms was a little too 'fancy' for our liking. We arent fancy people...we dont pretend to be on vacation. I want food i like that i didnt have to cook and that i dont have to clean up afterwards! ;)

And along those lines...many people comment about the casual attire and complain that people dont dress up enough for dinner....i go on vacation to relax, not spend hours getting fancied up for dinner. One week to not cook, not clean, do what I want when I want.

We actually make sure the resorts, AIs and cruises we go on are casual...never look at the luxery vacations...not our personal taste.

So with that being said...why go on a Carnival ( or RCI or NCL) cruise and expect anything more than casual cruising and then complain when its not anything more? Thats like going to Olive Garden and expecting 5 star authentic Italain cuisine (and i love Olive Garden)!

Im you mentioned the 'regular food' thing...when we went on the Disney cruise we actually thought the food in the Dining Rooms was a little too 'fancy' for our liking. We arent fancy people...we dont pretend to be on vacation. I want food i like that i didnt have to cook and that i dont have to clean up afterwards! ;)

And along those lines...many people comment about the casual attire and complain that people dont dress up enough for dinner....i go on vacation to relax, not spend hours getting fancied up for dinner. One week to not cook, not clean, do what I want when I want.

We actually make sure the resorts, AIs and cruises we go on are casual...never look at the luxery vacations...not our personal taste.

So with that being said...why go on a Carnival ( or RCI or NCL) cruise and expect anything more than casual cruising and then complain when its not anything more? Thats like going to Olive Garden and expecting 5 star authentic Italain cuisine (and i love Olive Garden)!

As far as people wanting 5 star restaurants:

I've been on a several Carnival cruises....and I've met lots of gourmands...but no gourmets.

Any "real gourmet" who could "tell the difference" of food, besides by the size of the check, would probably not have these expectations on Carnival anyway. (This based on the price of a meal at a 5 star restaurant is more than the cost of a day on Carnival.)

It's the same with "dressing up" on Carnival. I've seen lots of sparkles...but not much "style".

I like Carnival for the casual atmosphere also....and no pressure to be pretentious. If I wanted that....there are other lines I'd go on.

I must admit, I've never had a bad cruise -- Some were better than others, but never a bad one.

I tend to believe that a cruise is what you make of it. If you go with the opinion that everthing about it will suck -- It will. On the other hand if you go expecting it to an enjoyable experience, you will probably overlook the small annoyances that seems to drive some folks into a tizzy.

Life is to short to be bothered by the small stuff.:)

I am the same. I know it is a dorky screen name and should change it. I love all things Disney and have since I I was a kid. My favorite Aunt was named Tiffany. But I loved my Carnival cruise and would not have changed a thing. I just wondered about branching out to Disney- but it seems to cost a lot more. My DH hasn't been to Disney anything. We may just head to Disney World for our anniversary this year and keep our Carnival cruise reservation next year.

We love all things Disney too! Unfortunately we won't be taking our annual fall break trip this year. We really want to do a Disney cruise as well but price keeps us from booking as well.

We were very happy with Carnival so decided to go again next year. I think it is the newer ships with all the bell's and whistle's for the kids that confirmed it for us.

Exactly! I am not a fancy person. I do think I am pretty well-traveled and have been to Europe as well as all over the US but when it comes to any vacation I go to see new things, spend time with family and recharge myself for real life!

:D:D

I never some pier runners.......I really wanted to (I did want them to make it though, I would feel bad at people being left....but I did laugh at them on youtube)

Ooooh I never thought to look up pier runners on you tube..... Great idea!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, the only complaint I have is that it's over and I have to wait for the next one. According to some on CC we have a good time because we accept mediocrity:rolleyes:whatever!! Great post thanks for sharing;)

Yeah, I had to leave that thread too. I refuse to get sucked into the negativity and misery.

Accepting mediocrity to me is people putting up with a lesser product because they don't know any better. Does that fit some Carnival cruisers? Of course it does. But a lot of us make the conscious decision to cruise with Carnival over other lines. I'm pretty laid back, 4 star service isn't important to me. I want to get on board, eat, tan, sleep, drink and visit some islands. That's a great vacation for me. If I can do it on the cheap - even better. Carnival matches up with my needs, expectations and wallet.

If people want to look down on me because of that, that's fine with me. Life is hard enough, I choose to pursue happiness when (and where) I can find it. :D

Yeah, I had to leave that thread too. I refuse to get sucked into the negativity and misery.

Accepting mediocrity to me is people putting up with a lesser product because they don't know any better. Does that fit some Carnival cruisers? Of course it does. But a lot of us make the conscious decision to cruise with Carnival over other lines. I'm pretty laid back, 4 star service isn't important to me. I want to get on board, eat, tan, sleep, drink and visit some islands. That's a great vacation for me. If I can do it on the cheap - even better. Carnival matches up with my needs, expectations and wallet.

If people want to look down on me because of that, that's fine with me. Life is hard enough, I choose to pursue happiness when (and where) I can find it. :D

You and I obviously think a lot alike;) There is a nice way to say it as you just did and then there is a snide way with an insult attached. It was uncalled for to say you don't understand the meaning. Always so negative, I never ignore people on here but that one I had too. Let the anticipation for our next cruise continue with happy hearts:)

OP -- I think you should contact the cruise line and see if they are hiring "pier runners". Sounds like hubby would be a good candidate !!

The alternative would be a quick stay in obedience school for him!!

LIKE!!! Not because I am being mean. He has a 38 inch inseam and I think he is faster than the ship and could catch up adn hang on until we could help hin onborad:D. DH is super good and friendly and would happily laugh at his dilemma and buy everyone drinks for helping him!

Archived