I knew it would happen! Spoiled by the OASIS!

Hey fellow cruisers,

Loved our June cruise on Oasis!! It really is incomparable...:)

Soooo..........

As I'm searching for next cruise, this Jan, I can't help but compare, and all seem to fall short.

I know it's also because we met great people, as well.

So it looks like we're going to do Oasis #2, Jan 12, same eastern Itin.:D

I wonder what happens when we've got to plan next cruise:eek:

Mike

I agree that trying the Allure might be a good idea rather than doing the same itinerary on the Oasis for a 2nd time. Although the ships are such destinations unto themselves..that the itinerary often doesn't matter! :)

Hey fellow cruisers,

Soooo..........

As I'm searching for next cruise, this Jan, I can't help but compare, and all seem to fall short.

Mike

I'm so glad to hear this, as my DH and I are sailing on her October 13. I can't wait. I'm sure we'll never want to cruise anything less. Am so glad you had a wonderful time.

Hey fellow cruisers,

Soooo..........

Mike

As you can see from my signature, I've also had this problem ever since I first went on the Oasis. I think the only way out of it now is to do something in Europe, or wait for Project Sunshine.

I'm so glad to hear this, as my DH and I are sailing on her October 13. I can't wait. I'm sure we'll never want to cruise anything less. Am so glad you had a wonderful time.

Although the big ships aren't the best for everybody....they certainly are for me. It actually does present a bit of a dilemma when trying to determine future cruises...I always want to go back to the big ships now! :) The entertainment is fantastic!

glad you had a great time on the Oasis!

yes! We thought about sailing the NCL Epic in December for $2,000 less than the Allure; we just couldn't bring ourselves to do it. We were spoiled by our experience on the Oasis and now, any price difference makes no difference at all.

glad you had a great time on the Oasis!

yes! We thought about sailing the NCL Epic in December for $2,000 less than the Allure; we just couldn't bring ourselves to do it. We were spoiled by our experience on the Oasis and now, any price difference makes no difference at all.

Maybe I am in the minority (probably am) but I wouldn't totally dismiss the experience on the Epic. All things being equal I would probably pick the Allure or the Oasis...but I very much enjoyed our cruises on the Epic as well. I know entertainment is a very subjective thing..but I actually enjoyed the entertainment on the Epic a bit more than the Allure or Oasis. The ice-bar that they have is also kind of a fun and unique type of experience as well.

Cruise%25202010%2520034.JPG

We were also spoiled last year on Oasis--also happened to be our 1st RCCL cruise!!

We decided to try Freedom this year, but......we booked Allure for next year! I couldn't help it......I tried to stop booking cruises, but I just couldn't stop! What's wrong with me? :D Oh yeah, it's called being an addict!:)

I've been a little hesitant to do Freedom, but after reading everything I can here on CC, I feel good about it. I'm going with the intention of not comparing everything to Oasis, so I won't be disappointed with anything.

Either way, the way I look at it is, we'll be on a cruise!! That's all that matters!:)

We were also spoiled last year on Oasis--also happened to be our 1st RCCL cruise!!

We decided to try Freedom this year, but......we booked Allure for next year! I couldn't help it......I tried to stop booking cruises, but I just couldn't stop! What's wrong with me? :D Oh yeah, it's called being an addict!:)

I've been a little hesitant to do Freedom, but after reading everything I can here on CC, I feel good about it. I'm going with the intention of not comparing everything to Oasis, so I won't be disappointed with anything.

Either way, the way I look at it is, we'll be on a cruise!! That's all that matters!:)

We went on Freedom after Oasis and were not disappointed at all--in fact, we enjoyed the food in the MDR more on Freedom. We also preferred the gym and locker rooms with separate men's and women's saunas/steam rooms over the thermal suite on Oasis. Granted, there is a lot to like about Oasis and Allure, and I expect we'll one day try Allure as well.

Hey fellow cruisers,

Soooo..........

Mike

I am spoiled too. :)Agree for us really hard to do any other ships especially for Caribbean itineraries. B2B Oasis in Oct # 7 & 8 on this class.

Red-Sol nice picture! I agree. And I know if we exclude all other ships it will certainly be our loss. This is the second time we seriously considered the Epic. Gee we may just make it on that ship someday!

CntPAcruiser absolutely feel the same way about the gym on the Freedom. We loved running on the treadmills facing ceiling high windows; gorgeous views. We missed that on the Oasis.

Having looked at your history, give the Freedom class a try. We usually only take 7 day cruises every other year, so we find something else on the other years and always manage to enjoy ourselves.

Same issue happened to us went from Oasis to Liberty and was always comparing it to Oasis. Been on Allure now 3x since!

We also tried the Liberty after the Allure and all we could see were the things that were missing. The Liberty is just too similar to the Oasis class but lacking in the things that make the Oasis special, and it is way more crowded. We tried the Jewel next, and loved it because it was so very different. So for us, Allure remains number one, but the very different ships are also enjoyable. Just no more Liberty.

We were on the Oasis in January, and then went on a family cruise on Carnival two weeks ago... Ohhh man, it was tough and I kept catching myself saying "On the Oasis...." We were SO spoiled on the Oasis! We're going back in January when you disembark (we're doing the Western again on 1/19)! :D

Goodness! :) Now I'm worried what I've set myself and my daughter up for! My last cruise was on Liberty in Feb. 2008, had a great time, and this will be my 7 year old daughter's first cruise. The two of us are set for Oasis On Aug. 11. Hopefully we will love it, but will still be open to others, because I'm not sure my wallet can handle this ship all the time!

Mike

We just did June Oasis, greatest experience ever.

Absolutely fabulous.

However, you might want to consider the Western itinerary, absolutely had a blast in Cozumel, now one of my favorite ports.

Yep . Me too . We went on an Oasis cruise last year and we booked again , this time the western route , as we went eastern the last time . Its an easy direct flight from Toronto to FLL too . We find that the ship has everything we want and probably wont consider any other ship or line regardless of price.

We have sailed Radiance , Freedom and Voyager class , and we prefer Oasis class over the rest. I may try the new Sunshine class when they arrive, just to see what they have to offer. Hope they have some new itineraries to go with the new class .

Cheers

We just did June Oasis, greatest experience ever.

Absolutely fabulous.

However, you might want to consider the Western itinerary, absolutely had a blast in Cozumel, now one of my favorite ports.

johneeo,

Yeah...we considered the Allure, but that's Sun- Sun, and we need the Sat. sail date for traveling reasons.

Also, We enjoyed Coz. when we first got hooked on cruising and have been there lots of times. It's not my wife's favorite idea to stop at Mexican ports given the safety concern. Her concern, me not so much.

We enjoy East and South Itins, and never tire of St Thomas and St Martin...

Re. expanded routes...I guess the Oasis class is limited, do to size, where it can port.

Just booked a deck 10 Balc cabin, mid-ship. Very curious about this type of cabin. Any thoughts from those who've done that?

Thanks,

Mike

Too bad you can't sail her sister, because you get all the benefits of the " same" ship, but a whole new set of shows. That's what we decided after OA, take the girls on Allure so they could experience what just had and loved, but we'd get to enjoy different shows. Though, in retrospect, I think they would have enjoyed the Oasis shows better, Hairspray rather then Chicago, and DH and I could do the Prohibition party without feeling like we're leaving them out!

Anyway, obviously you are another convert, and there's no shortage of us, given the popularity of these ships! However, I do still enjoy Voyager and Radiance class:D

We have really enjoyed the time that we spent on the big sisters but we have also done a sailing on Navigator since and had a great time. We will also be going on Independence again. There is plenty on the three classes of ships to keep us happy. Eight night cruises definitely help me "get over" the things that I miss when not on the big guns.

Archived