I knew it would happen! Spoiled by the OASIS!

Hey fellow cruisers,

Loved our June cruise on Oasis!! It really is incomparable...:)

Soooo..........

As I'm searching for next cruise, this Jan, I can't help but compare, and all seem to fall short.

I know it's also because we met great people, as well.

So it looks like we're going to do Oasis #2, Jan 12, same eastern Itin.:D

I wonder what happens when we've got to plan next cruise:eek:

Mike

HA! this is too funny: we were on the same 6/2 Oasis eastern cruise, and I second your comments, as we too are now thoroughly spoiled for future cruises! Of course the sparkling weather we had that week didn't hurt either, as I'm sure you'll remember ;) . AND wouldn't you know it, we also are in the process of booking another cruise on the exact same week you are. However in our case we're planning to go western on the Allure (departs 1/13/13). We figured we'd switch it up and go on the other ship with the other itinerary, but the thought has crossed my mind of going eastern again, on either ship. :D

Enjoy your second go around (as if there's any chance that you wouldn't?!?!). :cool:

We also tried the Liberty after the Allure and all we could see were the things that were missing. The Liberty is just too similar to the Oasis class but lacking in the things that make the Oasis special, and it is way more crowded. We tried the Jewel next, and loved it because it was so very different. So for us, Allure remains number one, but the very different ships are also enjoyable. Just no more Liberty.

I couldn't have said it better myself - this is EXACTLY how I felt last January with Liberty between my Allure inaugural and 2nd Oasis cruise... she didn't stand a chance ;)

We are booked on Oasis - Western - December, the itinerary wasn't really an issue as the traveling dates dictated our cruise. I like all the ports anyway, and can find something we all enjoy at each one. We never cruised over Christmas week before, so this will be new. Christmas in Jamaica, crazy!! We are hemmed into school vacation time now that our kids are in high school sports and time off is strictly limited, but on the flip side we get double credit Diamonds in December bonus which I didn't even know about when booking! Our family of 6 loved Allure, and are excited to see the Oasis shows, the 3D movies, etc. My son thinks Giovanni's Table is the best Italian food ever. I love the night club action. Did they install the ipod docks on Oasis?

We did a B2B on Oasis then Allure. Yes, we got spoiled. Not by the Oasis class, but to be on the ocean that many nights. We have done Serenade, then Celebrity Millennium (a small ship in comparison), and also a Princess cruise. We have enjoyed all our cruises. Some have been better than others. We enjoyed the entertainment on the Oasis & Allure, and also the Park Cafe with the fabulous roast beef sandwiches! Was also nice to stroll through Central Park area.

Loved our June cruise on Oasis!! It really is incomparable...:)

I know the feeling :D

We loved the Oasis so much we just HAD TO book a cruise on the Allure. But I did cruise on the Navigator in between the Oasis Class sisters and even though it's not one of them, I still loved it.

Cruising is great anyhow (wheeew... otherwise I would have been stuck in a rut cruising with just those two...I want to see new things!!) :)

We were on Oasis last Sept (eastern itinerary) . It was only our second cruise ever. The previous year we had our first cruise on Carnival pride out of baltimore. We just loved it, but had nothing to compare it to. Needless to say, when we walked on Oasis our jaws dropped and we had constant jaw dropping moments all week! We were determined not to get into the "rut" of cruising every year but decided the second day that we were doing Oasis again because we knew we would not get to do everything we wanted to do. After we got back we immediately booked her for Sept 15, western itinerary. Cannot wait to get back and do the things we missed, many we found out about here) and redo our favorites. We have the same cabin as last year 10302, ocean view balcony toward the rear. We loved the 10th deck

We are thinking of the Oasis in December 2013. After reading all the comments on cruise critic the only con I heard (on another post) was the elevators are crowded and you have to wait for them. Can anyone confirm or dispute this claim? We will be traveling with a friend who has to use the elevator all the time because of her legs and this would be a problem. Thanks.

We are thinking of the Oasis in December 2013. After reading all the comments on cruise critic the only con I heard (on another post) was the elevators are crowded and you have to wait for them. Can anyone confirm or dispute this claim? We will be traveling with a friend who has to use the elevator all the time because of her legs and this would be a problem. Thanks.

No more crowded than any other ship I have ever been on. There are 24 elevators.

Just like other ships, the main theater lets out, there will be a crowd. 3,000 people all going to dinner at the same time, there will be crowds.

But, forgetting the elevators, you can do a lot of walking ..... the ship is almost 4 football fields long (396 yards).

No more crowded than any other ship I have ever been on. There are 24 elevators.

Just like other ships, the main theater lets out, there will be a crowd. 3,000 people all going to dinner at the same time, there will be crowds.

But, forgetting the elevators, you can do a lot of walking ..... the ship is almost 4 football fields long (396 yards).

I agree, we sailed Allure so assuming the same, the only time we saw people waiting for elevators was after a show let out. If you were heading to the other end of the ship anyway we found it best to walk to the other end, then take those elevators. Just because there is one right in front of you it may not always be the best one to take.

I agree, we sailed Allure so assuming the same, the only time we saw people waiting for elevators was after a show let out. If you were heading to the other end of the ship anyway we found it best to walk to the other end, then take those elevators. Just because there is one right in front of you it may not always be the best one to take.

And there was always a bar to have a drink, sit, relax, people watch, let the crowds thin out.

We have been on about 18 cruises and never tried Royal Caribbean sooo

we are trying them this November on Allure of the Seas.

We shall see as right now Celebrity is our favorite. I think it is going to be hard to change our minds but we shall see.

Happy sailing.:):):)

• 1 month later...

Wow... can't wait to get spoiled too on the Oasis... leaving on Feb 2, 2013...

It will be my first cruise... and I am planning to do the Freedom for the second one sometimes at the end of 2014 or beginning 2015...

I am very excited to go but now... oh boy, all the thread that I have read made me want to go like NOW!!!

:D

We just did June Oasis, greatest experience ever.

Absolutely fabulous.

However, you might want to consider the Western itinerary, absolutely had a blast in Cozumel, now one of my favorite ports.

Each itinerary has it's own different feel....western has a bit more party feel to it than the eastern....but nothing wrong with that....and i will agree with you John....LOVE Cozumel.

Being spoiled by the Allure of the Seas is sort of what I'm afraid of but have come to realize that the two ships I am doing my B2B on this Nov/Dec will be as different as night and day (in a good way). After seven nights doing the western Caribbean on Allure (I did nearly the exact same itinerary last year on Celebrity Millennium on a 10-nt B2B) I'll be disembarking mid-morning and heading down the street a short distance to the Ruby Princess doing the seven night eastern Caribbean. Fourteen nights experiencing two different ships, menus, and entertainment venues. I am sure it will be a laid back cruise and Ruby Princess appears to be a wonderful ship in her own right. Spoiled by Allure? I sure hope so, but I know Ruby will be a wonderful cruise as well.

After two cruises on the Oasis and Allure, we're back to the Radiance class. We sail for itineraries more than ship and like where the smaller ships can go.

Even though our last cruise on the Serenade was nothing like the spectacle of the Allure, we enjoyed it more, found the food and service better. I guess we weren't spoiled by them. I do intend to try the Epic at some point too.

Our family really, really loved the EPIC - especially the Improv Comedy club and Howl at the Moon. We went every night. And managed to get in all the other shows. Whew!!

Praying that the Allure will live up to the EPIC.

If it does we will be back on the Oasis. If not - we will do Breakaway.

We are booked on the Allure for next April. I actually have the opposite problem. Our last three cruises have been Grand Med, Western Med, and British Isles (with 4 days before the cruise in Paris). I wonder if the Allure would be a bit of a let down.

We just got off of the Allure on the 5 night hurricane Isaac special and we had loved Freedom the most but now we love the Allure the most!! I wish we had more time to explore her and wonder if any other ship will live up to her but I have a ton of other places I want to see so I will ineveitably be on other ships, such a hard life we have ;)

Archived