Am I the only one who tries to always go on a different ship?

We try to do different ships too (though we have repeated class of ships).

We also try not to repeat ports or embarkation points, though this gets tricky in the Caribbean. Still, with 5 cruises under our belts and 1 coming up in less than 2 months, we have only repeated San Juan (once as a port and once embarking) St. Maarten, Aruba, Curacao, and Labadee.

Luckilly, there are still Hawaii, Panama, and Pacific itineraries to look at!

Cheers,

A few years ago, I did a back-to-back on Majesty. Other than that, the only ship I have been on twice is Voyager. I have been on NCL, Carnival, and the most cruises on Royal. Also I once went on a cruise line in Greece which I believe was Attica or possibly that was the name of the ship.

...that was our goal, sailing as many different ships as we can...that was over 30 years ago.

In our younger years, we didn't have much money nor much time...cruising was a luxury we had to save for and simply sailed the ships we can afford (anyone remember Commodore cruise lines? and hitting golf balls off the back of the ship?)

When we got a bit older, and have a bit more money, we were able to cruise more often...and have sailed the same ships because of the itinerary. We learned about repositioning and B2B cruises. We also learned about "loyalty" programs. It's something we never even thought of years ago...but genuinely love the perks. (Oh, then we discovered Cruise Critic!)

Now in our golden years, we still try to sail different ships. However, the itinerary is more important. Perhaps most will agree...when you get old, time is short...any cruise will do. :)

I'm still young, only 23, and been on 5 cruises do far, but, to me, I alway want to try and book a different cruise ship each year, am I one of the few that is like this? I think one of the best parts of a cruise is on embarkation day wandering around the ship exploring. On a ship you've already been on, you know where most stuff is already.

I'm with you there. Not only do I like different ships, I want to try different lines too. Princess, Carnival, NCL, RCI - we've cruised on all those lines. While RCI will probably always be our favourite, its nice to change things up. I sometimes read people's signatures and see many will have 30 or 40 cruises with many on the same ship. Yuck. That would get so tired after a while. We did 3 Carnival cruises on 3 ships in the same class and it was boring as heck.

13 cruises and I have yet to repeat a ship. I have 3 more booked that will also all be on different ships, so that will put me at 16 different ships. Eventually, I guess I will have to repeat, but I prefer to try something new.

I too, like to sail on different ships. I'm hoping to finish out the RCI classes in the next couple years. I guess I'm not doing a very good job of that though, as my upcoming cruises are on the same classes that I've been on before. :o I think the Enchantment coming to Florida will take care of that class - I'm sure I can find a spare weekend sometime to spend in the Bahamas in 2014. I'm considering the Allure for January 2014 as a B2B with my Jewel cruise. Time will tell if my budget allows for that or not. My favorite class is the Radiance class so I don't mind repeating on those.

Its not too late to cancel your southern cruise and join us on Allure.

We haven't repeated a ship yet...but that's just a coincidence. We usually cruise based on itinerary (the exception being our cruise on Independence...they were practically giving it away so we booked it relatively last minute) and it just so happens that every ship has been different. We won't repeat until at least 2014...(unless you count a B2B as a repeat - I don't) the next cruises I have my eye on are on Vision (already booked!), Oasis (another non-itinerary based exception), and Navigator. :)

We have repeated the Jewel, but different itineraries, the Enchantment, the Navigator, and NCL Pearl. We've been on 30 cruises now, so sometimes, it just happens the cruise is on a ship we have already been on, and it works out best. I do like to try different ships, and cruise lines. We've also been on Liberty twice. I am trying to get on all the ships.....that is what I would like to accomplish!

Archived