Allure-Shows

Definitely see Blue Planet. It was my favorite show on Allure.

Why not see all the shows? There are 6 shows, so you will still have one night of no shows. But if you want to skip one, perhaps the Headliner show. Contact RCI and see who the Headliner is on your sailing. It may be something or a music genre you have no interest seeing.

I am going on Allure the end of September, and contiplating what shows we should see. What exactly is the Blue Planet Show?:confused:

Blue Planet is a "Cirque Du Soleil" type show performed at the main theater. As the name implies, it's an "Earth" inspired show. It's filled with music, singing, acrobats, and some pretty impressive stunts. It's a very professional performance and a true departure from the old Vegas Style shows found on other ships.

We went to Blue Planet, Ocean Aria, and one of the shows at the ice skating rink (don't remember the name of the show now, but it was a Board Games inspired ice show). We enjoyed all of them thoroughly. The only one we skipped that was on my "To do list" was Chicago, and the only reason why we didn't go was because I had already seen it on land, and because we had exhausted ourselves trying to do everything on the ship, so we opted for a few hours of relaxation at the Solarium instead...:o

I am going on Allure the end of September, and contiplating what shows we should see. What exactly is the Blue Planet Show?:confused:

If you will forgive the large pictures, this might help?

flyglobe.jpg

tree.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Whereas many of the members loved Blue Planet I could not wait for it to end. Many adults chose to take a nap around us. I felt the pace needed to be picked up. I felt like it was being performed in slow motion. I really enjoyed Ocean Aria, Chicago, the Headliner (MO5aic) and the comedians.

Whereas many of the members loved Blue Planet I could not wait for it to end. Many adults chose to take a nap around us. I felt the pace needed to be picked up. I felt like it was being performed in slow motion. I really enjoyed Ocean Aria, Chicago, the Headliner (MO5aic) and the comedians.

Same here. I told my kids it was an 'acrobatic show sort of like Cirque du Soleil' based on comments I read here. They did not like it. I kept looking at my watch. Certain parts of it were good (the tree, the trampoline thing) but I thought it moved too slowly. It was 'pretty' but nothing was happening during a lot of the show.

About the 'earth inspired show' comment: I think that the music had an earth theme (songs that you should know) but the whole show didn't have a plot. It was like being in someone else's dream and you didn't really know wth they were thinking.

We all preferred Oceanaria. We also liked the Comedy show and the Ice Show. Chicago was good (actors, singing, costumes, dancing) but I don't like musicals, if that helps ;)

You do know that if you think a show is absolutely awful and you are waiting in agony for it to be over, you may leave the theater to relieve yourself, right?

I agree Tyler80! Another suggestion: sit at the back close to the aisles. We did in Blue Planet and left 1/2 way through the show! After the male performer doing his solo jazz ballet/dance, we were done! I had to leave before my eyes got stuck from rolling them! :p

Archived