2 families in Cozumel. What to do?

Matty Ice

We're taking our first Disney Cruise January 2013. We'll be with our daughters aged 7 and 5 and another family with daughters the same age. We're looking for something fun to do on our day in Cozumel. Something that would involve snorkeling, some drinking, playing and relaxing. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Chank marine park -- besides the swim with the dolphin thing (yours might be too young - but they can watch) there's a nice beach, okay snorkeling from the shore and good food and drinks. Good luck! :)

If you want information on Chankanaab...we've been here twice in the last 9 months. That's how much we love the place.

Here are my reviews:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...0&postcount=59

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...0&postcount=48

and a review from the dolphin/manatee swim located there at the park: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...7&postcount=65

At the bottom of each review, there is a link to additional pictures. The place is absolutely gorgeous and plenty to do! :)

I suggest Nachi Cocom, it's an AI. Nice pool which the kids will enjoy, nice beach, good food and drink. It also has short snorkel excursions that you can book when you get there. Lots of room to spread out and relax. I've been twice and it's never been crowded. They limit reservations to 100. I like "quiet" so that's important to me!

I would not suggest Nachi Cocum for you, because it's geared for couples and not for families. The kids would most likely enjoy other places so much more, and other people having fun shouldn't keep someone from being able to relax. Chankanaab is a great suggestion. They have decent snorkeling. It is a very rocky entrance with handrails and very deep waters immediately. They also have sea lion shows there, among other things.

Paradise Beach would also be a great spot. Paradise Beach has water toys & kayaks ($12 for use of those), a very nice pool, & one spot that has a ton of fish (around the end of their pier). That's where boats pick up people to do parasailing, and I've heard of a snorkeling tour that leaves from there for an extra cost. Beach chairs are $2, admission is free. Food is a la carte at both locations.

Archived