I Have A Passport Question For A New York To Bermuda Cruise.....

Suesan Jean

I KNOW that this question has been asked a ZILLION TIMES!!!

I really SHOULD know the answer to this question, after ten cruises, five of them to Bermuda!! :rolleyes:

I will just blame it on having "a Senior Moment"......;) ;)

I can not find my Passport. It is misplaced somewhere in my house.

On my Norwegian Star, New York to Bermuda in September, a closed loop cruise, do I NEED a Passport or will my Birth Certificate suffice?

Thank you for your replies. :)

Hello Suesan Jean, Jo-Ann here from Yortown Heights, How are you ---- just thinking of you --- and here you are --- unless "it" has changed, yes you will need it to go to Bermuda ---

How are you Jo-Ann? :)

Well I hope?

Been on any cruises lately?

Our last cruise was on the Gem to Bermuda in May 2011.

LOVED THE GEM!!! :D :D

Well, I guess I will have to apply for a new Passport, Bummer!!!

Hi, think hard ... when was the last time you used your passport? What was the trip? Then you might remember the bags you used/took ....

Hope you find it.

I did that!!! :D

I remember coming home last September from Costa Rica, I had it in my hands and the rest is a complete blank!! :confused:

These "Senior Moments"!!! ;) ;)

Sounds like both of you are New Yorkers. I live in Ossining not to far from Yorktown.

As for the passport. No sooner you get the new one the old one will show up.:rolleyes:

Another neighbor!!! :D

Yup, you are probably right about the Passport!! :D:D

If you are a U.S. citizen, sailing on a closed-loop cruise to Bermuda, you can sail with your original birth certificate (with raised seal) and your government issued photo ID (drivers license).

Of course, a passport is recommended in case you need to fly home in an emergency...

If you are a U.S. citizen, sailing on a closed-loop cruise to Bermuda, you can sail with your original birth certificate (with raised seal) and your government issued photo ID (drivers license).

Of course, a passport is recommended in case you need to fly home in an emergency...

I just read that! So, now I have to go find my Birth Certificate!!! :D :D

Hello Suesan Jean, Jo-Ann here from Yortown Heights, How are you ---- just thinking of you --- and here you are --- unless "it" has changed, yes you will need it to go to Bermuda ---

Closed loop. Will not be required, but surely recommended by most posters here.

Thank you ALL for your replies!!! icon14.gif

I DO appreciate it!!! :)

I will get a copy of my Birth Certificate this month, and have it just in case I still can not find my Passport between now and September 30th.

Too bad I can not use the photo copies of my Passport that I found yesterday!! ;) ;)

as it states later in this thread...No passport is required for closed loop sailings,...That is leaving and arriving back at the same port NY after bermuda...Just a Birth certif w/ raised seal and ID.....

All passport and document requirements are listed on the NCL site.

have fun in BDA

Kev:cool:

I just read that! So, now I have to go find my Birth Certificate!!! :D :D

Now I am starting to worry.

Please don't get lost in Bermuda, report as soon as you get back. :D

as it states later in this thread...No passport is required for closed loop sailings,...That is leaving and arriving back at the same port NY after bermuda...Just a Birth certif w/ raised seal and ID.....

All passport and document requirements are listed on the NCL site.

have fun in BDA

Kev:cool:

If for any reaon you need to cancel the cruise and fly back to NY, you'd need passport...

I suggest to get new passport anyways...

Good luck

I thought that Bermuda required a passport. Even on closed loop cruises, if an individual country being visited requires a passport, then the cruise requires a passport. Am I mistaken in thinking that Bermuda requires one?

I thought that Bermuda required a passport. Even on closed loop cruises, if an individual country being visited requires a passport, then the cruise requires a passport. Am I mistaken in thinking that Bermuda requires one?

yes you are mistaken. its not required by Bermuda for cruise passengers

We actually ran into an issue because my husband's enhanced license (similar to the passport card) had expired and we renewed, but it was delayed in the mail. I actually called the Bermuda Ministry of Tourism to ask this question- only a birth certificate and driver's license is needed.

I also called US customs and border patrol. Same story- certified copy of the birth certificate and driver's license.

Archived