explorer grand suite vs. owner's suite

am planning cruise march 2013, and trying to decide between the two. am leaning toward owner's suite, but need some help justifying the $900.00 difference. any opinions? btw...just two of us sharing the room...many thanks;)

We've stayed in a GS on EX and visited an OS on the same trip. The OS is just bigger overall. Personally, the GS is more than adequate for us. There's plenty of room, storage and the bathroom is large. The OS is really just a bigger version with a larger bathroom with bigger tub and separate shower and a bidet. You have to decide if you want to pay $900 for a bigger room. You don't get any additional perks.

There are videos on Youtube of both cabin categories.

We have sailed GS on EX last 2 cruises. For the 2 of us it was just fine. The OS is bigger, has the separate stall shower where the GS does not and I think the OS furnishings are a little nicer. So - you can only decide if that is worth $900 more to you. No other suite perks difference. For me to move to OS, the price would have to be much lower. I guess if you have an issue climbing into the tub, and need a walk in shower stall, that could be reason enough.

am planning cruise march 2013, and trying to decide between the two. am leaning toward owner's suite, but need some help justifying the $900.00 difference. any opinions? btw...just two of us sharing the room...many thanks;)

If you need to justify the $900.00........for the week, or whatever, than stay in a GS.

If you don't need to justify it, stay in the OS.

Of the number of cruises that we have completed with Royal Caribbean, about 85 percent were in an Owners Suite. 10% in a GS and 5% in an RS. And give or take 1% in a JS........so subtract something.

If you like to entertain at dinner time, or for any meal, the OS's dining table will seat 4. We entertain between 20 and 40 guests, special parties, on certain trips, and the OS will acommodate that many..standing.

Everyone has different needs and wants, I don't know what yours are, so when you ask if you can justify it.......simply stated it's more real estate, and with it comes a few more things like a dining area, and a stand up shower.

I hate...but live with the tubs in the GS. But that is just me.

As someone said once, about owing a boat or yacht, if you need to ask the price, you probably cannot afford it!

Cruising in an OS vs a GS is just a bit more luxury.:);)

Rick

The balconies on the OS are a lot smaller than on the GS, because the extended bedroom sticks out and takes balcony space

That is true plus the bed in the OS can't be separated into 2 separate beds.

Pat

The balconies on the OS are a lot smaller than on the GS, because the extended bedroom sticks out and takes balcony space

This is true, but I actually loved the big picture window in the OS on the Voyager. It was wonderful to wake up in the morning and look out from the bed and have that great view of the ocean, without a railing in the way. I felt is also made a great area to sit and read when it was too hot outside, but you still wanted a great view.

I am actually booked in the OS on the Mariner next year, so I will be able to judge the difference between the two and get back to you on that.

Archived