Adventure of the Seas Dry dock schedule 2014

I just booked a b2b cruise out of San Juan on the Adventure of the Seas for the end of Jan. 2014. I know the ship was supposed to get refreshed that Jan., according to the schedule, at least that is what Royal Caribbean told me. Then I look on their website and they have cruises scheduled throughout Jan. 2014. Now I am worried about my plans being changed because I got a great room. Does anyone know when the Adventure is actually getting its enhancements?

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Good to know. I just called RCCL bc I am putting a group cruise together. I have sailed twice before on AOS and LOVE the southern caribbean but would surely want to sail after dry dock now. I have sailed Freedom class twice and Oasis once and a freshen up on AOS would be nice.

I am looking into spring of 2014 and debating between the Allure (because I LOVE that ship class) or AOS because I love that route. I was told on the phone AOS was going to dry dock Feb 3, 2014, but your statement makes sense bc there are no sail dates released for it after March 2-9, 2014. How long is a ship usually in dry dock? What upgrades will be done and when will sail dates be released for post dry dock?

Thank you much!!!

Good to know. I just called RCCL bc I am putting a group cruise together. I have sailed twice before on AOS and LOVE the southern caribbean but would surely want to sail after dry dock now. I have sailed Freedom class twice and Oasis once and a freshen up on AOS would be nice.

I am looking into spring of 2014 and debating between the Allure (because I LOVE that ship class) or AOS because I love that route. I was told on the phone AOS was going to dry dock Feb 3, 2014, but your statement makes sense bc there are no sail dates released for it after March 2-9, 2014. How long is a ship usually in dry dock? What upgrades will be done and when will sail dates be released for post dry dock?

Thank you much!!!

The revitalization dry docks are extensive, and are taking several weeks, usually 3-5 weeks.

Adventure is scheduled to receive:

Outdoor movie screen

Updated Vintages wine bar

Park Café

Chef’s Table

Giovanni’s Table

Digital Signage

Pervasive Wi-Fi

Flat-screen TVs

Interactive TVs

Concierge Club

Diamond Club

Nursery

The next wave of itineraries will probably be released in Spring 2014.

• 7 months later...
It is now going into drydock on March 9 until mid April.

I just booked a cruise on this boat for the week of March 15th, 2014 ... I don't know if this is entirely correct. Where are you getting this information from? :confused:

I just booked a cruise on this boat for the week of March 15th, 2014 ... I don't know if this is entirely correct. Where are you getting this information from? :confused:

This thread is about a year old so it is possible that the drydock time has been changed or postponed.

I had posted a question via private msg on the Facebook page on Royal Caribbean and this is what transpired:

QUESTION

Dear Sir/Mdm,

Can you let me know when Adventure of the Seas will be retrofitted?

We are looking at booking a cruise in June 2014, however we want to sail on a retrofitted Adventure of the Seas.

Thank you

ANSWER

Hi XXXXX, Adventure of the Seas is scheduled to be finished with her revitalizations in early April of 2014. Thank you and we hope this helps.

------------

The above question was posed on 3rd May 2013.

I had posted a question via private msg on the Facebook page on Royal Caribbean and this is what transpired:

QUESTION

Dear Sir/Mdm,

Can you let me know when Adventure of the Seas will be retrofitted?

We are looking at booking a cruise in June 2014, however we want to sail on a retrofitted Adventure of the Seas.

Thank you

ANSWER

Hi XXXXX, Adventure of the Seas is scheduled to be finished with her revitalizations in early April of 2014. Thank you and we hope this helps.

------------

The above question was posed on 3rd May 2013.

Thanks! I think their last sailing before April is the week of the 16th in march. That seems awfully quick!

Thanks! I think their last sailing before April is the week of the 16th in march. That seems awfully quick!

By now, the dry-dock schedule should have been fixed since they need to sell the cruises before and after dry-dock.

Any change in dry-dock plans may have huge knock-on effects in terms of refunding booked passengers etc.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

By now, the dry-dock schedule should have been fixed since they need to sell the cruises before and after dry-dock.

Any change in dry-dock plans may have huge knock-on effects in terms of refunding booked passengers etc.

Gotcha, that makes sense. Where would we find the finalized schedule? Call them?

Dry dock is scheduled for 30 March 2014 and the first sailing after that is 9 April 2014

That's discouraging. The dry dock seems very short for the extensive revitalization improvements that other ships have received.

Dry dock is scheduled for 30 March 2014 and the first sailing after that is 9 April 2014

This is CORRECT! last cruise before dry dock ends on March 30 2014 and first cruise after dry dock is a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas on April 9, followed by a 7 night cruise to the Eastern Caribbean and a TA out of Miami to Southampton on April 20.

That's discouraging. The dry dock seems very short for the extensive revitalization improvements that other ships have received.

I agree with your observation that the revitalisation period seems rather short. For example, the Legend of the Seas spent a month in dry-dock.

I certainly hope that RCI can do some magic during this short period and that the Adventure of Seas would not be shortchanged, as far as retrofitting is concerned.

I guess AOS is not getting the extensive refurb that Navigator is getting, which includes a flo-rider and virtual balcony cabins. I am surprised that RCI would do this on one Voyager class ship and not on the others in the same class. Well, of course, except for Mariner which has been totally re-done for the Asian market.

• 5 weeks later...

My DH and I were just on APS in February. Though we loved it, she is needing some attention. So I was really excited to make reservations on her for April 2014 with our DD during the 7-day eastern Caribbean sailing. I can't wait to see what all they have planned.

Nice! Yeah we actually switched our boat over to the breeze around the same time frame. We *really* want to try out a new boat, we think it'd be great! Plus, this is our third carnival cruise and finally trying out what they have in store for their new fleet would be pretty stellar to experience (we've sailed with princess in the past and loved it).

I know this is an old thread now but I was just wondering if it was known what was going to be done on the refit next Spring as it will be in for a short period of time (if I have followed this correctly and the information is right).

I am going on Adventure in October 2014 and would love there to be a Park Café and Giovanni's Table.

Many thanks :)

I know this is an old thread now but I was just wondering if it was known what was going to be done on the refit next Spring as it will be in for a short period of time (if I have followed this correctly and the information is right).

I am going on Adventure in October 2014 and would love there to be a Park Café and Giovanni's Table.

Many thanks :)

Royal has not yet posted the details of Adventure's dry dock.

• 2 months later...
Any update yet about AOS's drydock?

We are looking at booking this in Jan/Feb 2015

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone!!!

No changes on Royal's revitalization info page. Still says April 2014 and "details coming soon".

One of our roll call members for our Adventure TA from Miami April 2014 has been sailing on her very recently and has posted the following update for her dry dock in 2014.

The currrent Hotel director, Alistair Crawford, clarified what was being done in 2014. Contractors were on board from the company doing the refurb taking photos and doing a lot of writing. Portofinos is definitely changing to Giovannis in April.

There will be Wifi through out the ship and digital Wayfinders on the stairwells.

A Diamond lounge will be on deck 14 replacing the 19th Hole which is currently situated there.

An Outdoor large movie screen installed on the pool deck.

Basically that is it, the rest is maintenance, replacing some windows in the Windjammer, and flat screen TVs in cabins that don't yet have them.

In 2016 the next dry dock will see the nightclub being removed and changed to cabins and adding cabins outside the Spa area by attaching a structure on deck 12. This sounds very much like the additional 81 cabins being added to Navigator by changing the boardroom on deck 2 to cabins, reducing the Photo gallery on deck 3 to add more cabins and converting the nightclub into interior cabins on deck 3. If it is the same as Navigator, then the upper level of the nightclub on deck 4 near the Schooner bar will be a speciality restaurant.