Indecisive ... to Extend or Not Extend ?????

C&THollings

Why?? I have hubby talked into extending our vacation, Why am I debating on doing it now?

We are currently booked on the Freedom on the November 3 sailing returning on November 11. With airfare so high, it is actually worth staying till November 12, $140 less to fly home. So I started trolling the Carnival web site. I found a 4 day leaving on November 12 with an Oceanview for about $650. It get's back on November 16. Flying home on Friday instead of Monday we will save another $90 making the cost of cruise $560 with a cruise certificate we have this make's the cruise $460 with $50 OBC.

Tell me WHY am I not just booking this???

I was in the same situation and decided to add a week on Glory to make our week on Valor a B2B in Dec. If your finances and budget are anything like ours, you know that money does matter and we'll have to pay the piper. Add on all the money for the extra S&S bill (tips, excursions, bar tabs, photos, etc.) to get the true cost. I'm a gonna go for it.

I had a problem flying home from tampa during spring break, so I extended my vacation with a suite.

$330 pp to fly home the sunday we got back or $129 the next day .. paid for the suite and food and then some.

I guess everyone was flying home that day? I tried renting a car in orlando too.

You might check out Miami or Ft. Lauderdale flights?? Might find a deal. (thought I didnt)

I just added the 2nd leg though to my Celebrity cruise out of San Juan a day or two ago, to make the flight worth the money.

I was in the same situation and decided to add a week on Glory to make our week on Valor a B2B in Dec. If your finances and budget are anything like ours, you know that money does matter and we'll have to pay the piper. Add on all the money for the extra S&S bill (tips, excursions, bar tabs, photos, etc.) to get the true cost. I'm a gonna go for it.

Good point, I was not thinking about the additional costs. Tip's are mostly covered with the OBC, Additional $45 for them. We are not real big drinker so a $100 would more than cover it. I never buy the photo's, l love to look at them, but so far, none I can't live without. Excursions, I have never been to the Key's. I was just thinking of wandering around there, not sure what a car rental costs. This will be my 4th trip to Cozumel, we will just get off the ship to browse in the shops there. But that is adding on to the cost of the trip... now more to think about!

Its such an ordeal to pay and fly to Florida, not to mention that the cruise ends too soon. I think it will be awesome to go B2B for the first time. Sounds like you have a realistic hold on your budget.

It would be nice if Carnival had a consecutive cruise deal like Royal. If you book 2 cruises with a day in between, they will pay to put you up in a hotel and transfer you to the second cruise for free.

Im thinking about doing the deal next year.

It would be nice if Carnival had a consecutive cruise deal like Royal. If you book 2 cruises with a day in between, they will pay to put you up in a hotel and transfer you to the second cruise for free.

\

Wow that is cool Thanks...

OP Finances are important..so is sanity. I hve had both folks getting pacemakers at the same time and..Since July 2 back and forth er's Icu's coding..you name it...and one heck of a whirlwind of recovery due to additional problems...Mom has had issues most of the year..yes since last Thanksgiving. You know you have the right cruise and many things down it sounds like..OP if this is in your buget and time enough..it does not seem out of line at all..Godspeed..I still call upon age 20 trip memories to get me through, pray for finances and time soon for more..sounds like such a reasonable extra and nothing like 2 weeks or around that for a total and complete break..and often breakthrough of some sort IMHO:)..again..Godspeed...Sarah

To the OP, I think with the cost of airfare it makes sense to get 2 cruises out of it instead of 1. Especially when cheaper airfare goes with the deal. It's a win / win, if you can keep from spending so much extra on the added cruise that it changes the deal.

Sarah, sounds like what I have gone through the past 5 years with my parents. Not easy, hang in there. I hope the finances & time turn up to treat yourself to another cruise. Have to treat yourself too, life goes by so fast.

To the OP, I think with the cost of airfare it makes sense to get 2 cruises out of it instead of 1. Especially when cheaper airfare goes with the deal. It's a win / win, if you can keep from spending so much extra on the added cruise that it changes the deal.

Sarah, sounds like what I have gone through the past 5 years with my parents. Not easy, hang in there. I hope the finances & time turn up to treat yourself to another cruise. Have to treat yourself too, life goes by so fast.

I AM LUCKY IN A WAY IT IS ALL AT ONCE,..THANKS NEW FRIEND..HELPS TO BE NOT ALONE....op..GOGOGO IF YOU CAN:):):)!!!

really?? as I have done this exactly .. and booked thru a TA who I think knows a lot about RCL.

So is this only if you book airfare thru them or something, as I have never heard of this deal.

has to be a catch, as we even booked our own hotel. .. and we had one day in between, did Majesty and Liberty OTS

really?? as I have done this exactly .. and booked thru a TA who I think knows a lot about RCL.

So is this only if you book airfare thru them or something, as I have never heard of this deal.

has to be a catch, as we even booked our own hotel. .. and we had one day in between, did Majesty and Liberty OTS

No catch, just book two cruises with a day in between and call the Consecutive Cruise Rep. You dont have to book air through them. Couple of threads on the topic. Shocked your TA never heard of it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1588291

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1625246

Why?? I have hubby talked into extending our vacation, Why am I debating on doing it now?

We are currently booked on the Freedom on the November 3 sailing returning on November 11. With airfare so high, it is actually worth staying till November 12, $140 less to fly home. So I started trolling the Carnival web site. I found a 4 day leaving on November 12 with an Oceanview for about $650. It get's back on November 16. Flying home on Friday instead of Monday we will save another $90 making the cost of cruise $560 with a cruise certificate we have this make's the cruise $460 with $50 OBC.

Tell me WHY am I not just booking this???

Don't forget to factor in the hotel for the night plus transportation to/from both days as well as meals.

I haven't searched for four day cruises lately, but $650 seems awfully high for an OV cabin.

Being devil's advocate here, not trying to burst your bubble. I totally understand your way of thinking.

Pretty sure the OP meant $650 total including taxes for 2 people.

Still seems high for an OV.

We have taken two four-day cruises, one in October 2011 and one in June 2012. Both cabins were balconies; one was even an aft wrap. We paid less than $650 for two passengers, including fees and taxes.

Still seems high for an OV.

We have taken two four-day cruises, one in October 2011 and one in June 2012. Both cabins were balconies; one was even an aft wrap. We paid less than $650 for two passengers, including fees and taxes.

Really? That would mean the base rate for the aft wrap was less than $250pp, never seen any that low. Currently, there is nothing even close to that rate available at anytime.

Don't forget to factor in the hotel for the night plus transportation to/from both days as well as meals.

I haven't searched for four day cruises lately, but $650 seems awfully high for an OV cabin.

Being devil's advocate here, not trying to burst your bubble. I totally understand your way of thinking.

Yes, it is $650 for both of us tax and all. I have also been looking at the option of just staying in a hotel for a couple of day's too. Airfare drops on Wednesday, So staying three night then flying home would work too. But.. when you add it up, a descent hotel will be at least a $120 a night = $360 plus tax (additional $240 since I was staying Sunday anyway), food $150 if you go cheap and a rental car $250 to get around. It will add up to almost the same $640. UGH!!!

The 11/12/12 rate on the Imagination out of Miami is currently 607 for past guest and 597 for ES for two people in an OV including taxes. An inside is 567. Even if you just chilled on board and kept the drinking to a minimum, it would be worth it to extend your vacation. :)

I was originally thinking $650/person......if it's $650 for both, then I'd say do it, if you have the time (something that would be hard for us). Though, I would say your price figure for a hotel is high...we tend to stay in chain hotels, and the most expensive hotel we have ever stayed in was $125 (in San Juan). You can easily find quality hotels for under $100.

You can easily find quality hotels for under $100.

Since the OP is talking about November, you are right, but if the dates were in January, it can be very difficult to find a decent place in the FLL or MIA area for that price range.

Well, I did it, I booked the other cruise :D

Now to add the 'additional' day's to our budget.

Two week of 'Freedom' to let my 'Imagination' grow :)

Congratulations! If you stay in fll check out ride sas for transportation to imagination and back to the airport.

Archived