Wine on Embarkation for Dining Room

Abby1234

We will be brining a bottle of white wine on board at embarkation to have in the dining room (we are aware of the corkage fee). My question is can we take it to our assigned dining room once we board so it will be chilled by dinner time?

They dont even have the numbers on the tables yet sometimes by 1 pm when I get done with lunch to go look for my table... the maitre d' is busy reassigning tables from 1 pm.

There just isnt time.

However, if you dont finish it the first dinner, they will chill it and keep it for you for the next meal.

We will be brining a bottle of white wine on board at embarkation to have in the dining room (we are aware of the corkage fee). My question is can we take it to our assigned dining room once we board so it will be chilled by dinner time?

I assume that you are bringing white if you are chilling it. I can tell you that the experience that I had was the one time we brought a bottle with a screw top and they did not charge the corkage fee as they didn't have to day anything for us. They waiter brought over the wine chiller but didn't have to open it or anything so it was never charged...so maybe if you can find a wine that you like with a screw top you can save a few dollars...this was only in the MDR, they still charged it in the steakhouse.

They will not pre-chill it for you, you have to have your room stewart fill up your ice bucket and you can put it in there.

I assume that you are bringing white if you are chilling it. I can tell you that the experience that I had was the one time we brought a bottle with a screw top and they did not charge the corkage fee as they didn't have to day anything for us. They waiter brought over the wine chiller but didn't have to open it or anything so it was never charged...so maybe if you can find a wine that you like with a screw top you can save a few dollars...this was only in the MDR, they still charged it in the steakhouse.

They will not pre-chill it for you, you have to have your room stewart fill up your ice bucket and you can put it in there.

Sometimes they charge you the corkage fee, sometimes they don't~ it has nothing to do with the fact that your bottle had a screw top~ We had 2 bottles of champagne opened in the MDR and no corkage fee was charged~ It just depends on how your waiter wants to handle it~

A corkage fee can cover the service, wine glass breakage/rental and some of the lost revenue for not buying the wine from them. It's not for them only opening a bottle.

Archived