Large group reservation?

tampadee

You can do 6 and I think even 8. But it probably isn't easy. There aren't that many tables is all.

The GDR on the "R" ships definitely has a number of 8 person tables. I don't recall if the GDR on Marina did. The problem, of course, would be in the specialty restaurants which I think are far more limited in terms of space.

I recall having dinner in Polo on the night we departed for the 2010 Midnight Sun cruise and we were at least 6 people, possibly 8. We were tucked in a far corner but I don't know if that means there was only one table available for a large group. I don't THINK so.

Mura

Yes they have tables for 8 in all the dining venues

For the specialty restaurants you will need to have the booking numbers of your companions in order to book the table

We are travelling with a group of 6 or maybe 8. Is it possible to make reservations for a large group on the restaurants?

015409.jpg

Eight is the absolute maximum in the Specialty Restaurants, and there are several options as to how a group that large might be seated together.

That said, with different cabin categories being able to book ahead at different times, you might find making advance reservations for the group challenging, unless you are all sailing in the same grade of cabin.

If your group is intimate enough that you feel comfortable "collecting" booking numbers, it would be simplest if one person acted as your liaison with Oceania.

Otherwise, we have had the best success with everyone making a reservation in the same restaurant on the same night at about the same time, and asking the reservations desk on the ship to consolidate the table.

We had a group of 8 in Polo, but the best they could do is set us at 2 tables for 4. Not really like dining together.

I don't see any tables for 8 in that diagram.

We had a group of 8 in Polo, but the best they could do is set us at 2 tables for 4. Not really like dining together.

I don't see any tables for 8 in that diagram.

072026.jpg

Both of the Banquette areas can accommodate 8, either at a round or a long narrow table.

There is also a provision for putting a larger top on some of those tables for six, depending on demand.

I'm sure that there are other ways of doing it as well.

We are travelling with a group of 6 or maybe 8. Is it possible to make reservations for a large group on the restaurants?

I am sailing in Sept with a group of 11. I just this morning booked my specialty restaurants. I was offered a table for 8 but didnt want to split up that way so we are sitting as party of 6 and another party of 5. My best advice is call and do it with a live person, the website is just not compatible with making these kinds of arrangements. Also despite complaints to the contrary I found the customer service reps to be very helpful and friendly. In fact, a pleasure to deal with once you got through.

------------------

Helen

I am sailing in Sept with a group of 11. I just this morning booked my specialty restaurants. I was offered a table for 8 but didnt want to split up that way so we are sitting as party of 6 and another party of 5. My best advice is call and do it with a live person, the website is just not compatible with making these kinds of arrangements. Also despite complaints to the contrary I found the customer service reps to be very helpful and friendly. In fact, a pleasure to deal with once you got through.

------------------

Helen

I hope that you have a lovely evening, Helen, but for others who are reading this, groups of more than eight persons are really better accommodated in the Grand Dining Room, where they have the space and the scope to either sit your group at one table, or to place several tables so that there is some modicum of privacy.

073518.jpg

The space, the staffing and the service goals in the Specialty Restaurants are simply not conducive to larger groups.

072020.jpg Polo and Toscana, in particular, are long and narrow rooms, and although Oceania will do what they can to accommodate big tables, the Grand Dining Room is just a better fit logistically.

Archived