Fun Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale

Ramrac

We are taking our cruise out off Fort Lauderdale in October and are looking for a good restaurant to go to for lunch and dinner, post cruise. We are staying at Embassy Suites so something within walking distance would be great but if not, we are willing to take a cab. It will be me, DH and DS (6).

We have Outback, TGIFridays and all those restaurants here so we are looking for something different. Either great seafood, cool/neat atmosphere, just something different for the 3 of us to enjoy on our trip.

I saw Florida has the Rain Forest Cafe down there, but it would be about a 30 minute taxi ride one way. We use to have one in Northern VA and that was neat.

Thanks!

We are taking our cruise out off Fort Lauderdale in October and are looking for a good restaurant to go to for lunch and dinner, post cruise. We are staying at Embassy Suites so something within walking distance would be great but if not, we are willing to take a cab. It will be me, DH and DS (6).

We have Outback, TGIFridays and all those restaurants here so we are looking for something different. Either great seafood, cool/neat atmosphere, just something different for the 3 of us to enjoy on our trip.

I saw Florida has the Rain Forest Cafe down there, but it would be about a 30 minute taxi ride one way. We use to have one in Northern VA and that was neat.

Thanks!

Las Olas Blvd has some fun and funky restaurants:)

Try this link and see the restaurant offerings....most are locally

owned so they are not chains.......

http://www.lasolasboulevard.com/

Click on it and you will see another word that says EAT:D

15th St Fisheries Dockside Grill has casual outdoor dining on a marina with live music. It is about a mile from Embassy. Oasis Cafe at the beach and Bubba Gumps at the beach are good places to go with 6 year olds, about 3 miles away. Duffy's Sports bar & grill is right behind Embassy, and has tvs and sports memorabilia all over the place and is kid friendly. There isn't anything kid oriented like Rainforest Cafe in Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks!

Rustic Inn

Lester's Diner is a fun place esp if you don't have diners at home. Good breakfast for sure, but not shabby for lunch either. Dumpy lookin place but good food (decent BBQ and some unusual soups depending on the day) at Lil Reds but you'll need a car or taxi (1705 West State Road 84)

Lesters is 250 West State Road 84.

Archived