Birthdays on Royal

Hi there

My daughter will turn 4 on our next royal cruise , is there anything that royal do that is unexpected or do things need to be planned with the staff once onboard.

Thanks in advance

Steve

:D

They ask about "special ocassions", but that's about the extent. If you want something special, you'll most likely have to pay for a cake, or decorations. Keep after your waitstaff, if you want them to acknowledge the birthday...they do NOT automatically do it.

Hi there

My daughter will turn 4 on our next royal cruise , is there anything that royal do that is unexpected or do things need to be planned with the staff once onboard.

Thanks in advance

Steve

:D

On the first night at dinner everyone should be asked if they are celebrating anything on the cruise.On our last cruise we told them it was our wedding anniversary and that my birthday was later on in the cruise and on both nights the waitstaff sang at our table and we got a special desert with happy birthday and happy anniversary on them.This was unplanned and didn't cost any extra but you can order a birthday cake that you pay extra for that will be delivered to your table and the waitstaff will come and sing happy birthday to your daughter.I hope she has a wonderful birthday.

On the first night at dinner everyone should be asked if they are celebrating anything on the cruise...

But they won't be. In 10 cruises we have never been asked on the first night, or ever. It is noted in the reservation but that doesn't mean much.

Steve, I would say a great number of passengers onboard are celebrating something - birthday, anniversary, graduation, honeymoon, healing, retirement, etc. The staff does not acknowledge everyone, they just don't and can't. IF you want to tell your wait team about her birthday, I'm sure they will make a fuss. 4 years old is important! They will put a candle in a dessert for her and probably sing.

But yes, you should load up the baloons and streamers - dollar store special. ;)

I hope you all enjoy your cruise! :D

THanks, the more i think about it the more i am going to throw a few balloons and some streamers in the bag.

Taking balloons and a happy birthday sign etc for your cabin is a great idea.Also make sure that you put it on your booking that you will be celebrating on your cruise. On your daughters birthday tell your waitstaff that it is her birthday and I am sure they will do something special for her.

I can only go by the one cruise I have been on and we found the waitstaff were sing happy birthday to at least one table a night and they made a real fuss over the children.I hope your daughter has a wonderful 4th birthday.

You may also want to get an "It's my Birthday " or "Birthday Girl" button/Pin and have her wear it on her birthday. I am sure any crew member whos sees her wearing it will make a fuss and wish her a Happy Birthday.

Lisa

Archived