airfare to Sydney

Traveler$$$

Quantas flys from Dallas/Ft Worth, as of 7/1/2012. The best route, we have flown several times is, LAX to Sydney. We make LAX an overnight, or have a very early flight from Denver to connect in LAX.

The first connect we had was with ChoiceAir. We had a flight from LAX the left at noon, we arrived in Sydney at ten that night. Check British Airway as well as Quantas, Air New Zealand and United. Look at Premium

economy seats, they are very comfortable for long hauls.

Good Luck:)

Has anyone found an easier flight to Sydney from Denver. I don't think we can do 18 hrs??? Help

Given LA-Sydney is 13-14 hours and your flying Denver (what another 2 hours plus any transit time which will be minimum 1 1/2 - 2 hrs) at least the only way it's going to get shorter is if thy either introduce supersonic flights or teleportation. I'm tempted to say 'that's the way it is'....as we have to suffer 24 hrs from Australia- London.

The only way around it is to stay a night in LA.

Whatever way you do it you are going to have up to 18 hours in the air. Unless you can travel on fairy dust. I wouldn't worry too much. Thousands do it every day and most survive. A good book, a couple of movies and too many meals and you are here. :)

We used to be able to make these long flights, but as he's aged my DH can't do it anymore. Just can't. Miserable!

I would love to do the DFW-SYD non-stop, but he can't even consider it.

We've tried all sorts of stop overs with a motel stay for some rest (and to stretch out his back) but it still leaves too long an over ocean flight for him to manage.

Not everyone can make this work.

We used to be able to make these long flights, but as he's aged my DH can't do it anymore. Just can't. Miserable!

I would love to do the DFW-SYD non-stop, but he can't even consider it.

We've tried all sorts of stop overs with a motel stay for some rest (and to stretch out his back) but it still leaves too long an over ocean flight for him to manage.

Not everyone can make this work.

There is no nonstop DFW-SYD. It goes through Brisbane. The return flight, SYD-DFW is nonstop though.

If you can fly first class it makes a huge difference. Do you have FF miles you can use for an upgrade? I just did 11.5 hours non-stop and between napping, grazing (our flight was less than half full and the FA's kept trying to get us to eat more!), and watching a couple of movies, it went by very quickly--and I wasn't even in the lay flat seats on that trip.

Archived