Alaska Cheet Sheet !

booth22

Booth, you are wonderful to have shared all of this with us! WOW! I know I'll be spending a LOT of time on the internet in the next few weeks, and it's all thanks to you and your wife! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• 5 weeks later...

By the way we went to hawaii last year and did everithing by ourselves. we save a lot, im so lazy to do a sheet list but I can suggest you the 4 reveled blue books, the author is from hawaii and did a terific work we review all the hotels one by one, also went to all shows and he give you a lot of local info that will save you a lot. You can get a used copy via ebay or get it new from amazon.

Sorry, no Hawaii cheat sheet... it's been too long since I've been there and it might be a while before I go back... Tahit, Fiji and others are ahead of Hawaii on the list of places to go next.... glad the info helped!

Booth I thanked you wait back when but I must tell you again that your thread has been a wonderful source. I will be going on my 4th cruise to Alaska in May and believe me it has helped out alot. Again a big thank you.

Marilyn

We were in Maui exactly a year ago. I used the Maui Revealed guide book and recommend it very highly, it has to be the best destination guide book I have ever read.

Since I am so OCD, I created to do lists for each day covering the sights and stuff I wanted to see, including driving directions. The good news is that we covered every inch of the island, including the ride past Hana and the ride up the NW coast back to central Maui. The bad news, my husband was exhausted and cranky by the end of the trip with my need to see EVERYTHING! lol

If anybody is interested, I still have them! Give me your email address and I would be glad to forward them!

And another thing we want to do in San Francisco is go to the Boudin Bakery. If you like sour dough bread, they make it with a little from the first batch over 100 years ago. And they now have a demonstration bakery on the wharf.

Marpal

Oh, Boudin's New England Clam Chowder in a sourdough bread bowl! Absolutely the BEST lunch on the planet. It is one of the things I miss the most living here in Massachusetts. They know how to make the clam "chowdah" here, but they haven't a clue about sourdough!

• 4 weeks later...

First a very big THANK YOU to both yourself and your wife.

Second, has there been any updates since the first page, that I may have missed going through the pages?

Third, any recommendations on a good steakhouse in San Francisco?

Thanks

Christine

Thanks portelance- I'm still hoping a Moderator/Host will come through and tidy up the list. There have been a few updates sprinkled in the middle pages, but I can't update my original post. If anyone sees a Host, please let them know!

Booth 22 - GREAT LIST!!!! Thanks to you and your wife for all of this research! Lots of time spent there! :) We're headed to AK on June 9, 2007 on the Volendam.

My compliments on your photos! The eagle shots are magazine cover quality and I love the otter with the fish. I too am a photo bug and hope that my photos will be as good as yours. Sure would love to see the other 2600!

Macy

• 4 weeks later...

Very valuable information. Your time and effort are appreciated. Loved the eagle shots! Were you using a special lens? Looks like you were right on top of them!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can add a couple of things for Victoria (I got engaged there and have been there MANY times!)

If you have time, having High Tea @ the Empress cannot be missed!

Also, the Royal BC Museum has an incredible 1st Peoples floor, again, do not miss! There is a carving hut and totem pole forest as well. Those do not require museum admission.

Finally, if you are hungry, try Pagliacci's for amazing pasta and/or Murchies for a do it yourself tea!

Thanks SO much to you and your wife for this wonderful information, Booth!

I was looking for this thread recently, couldnt locate it through a search for some reason.

Fantastic list, I am off to explore some of these great links for ideas!

Archived