Alaska Cheet Sheet !

booth22

You're welcome! I figure after a little while it'll get burried in the back of posts, and judging by the # of views I think people are using some of the info!

Booth22:

Great info. Thanks!!

I checked your pictures out and WOW!!! They are Awesome!!! How'd you manage to get such great pix of those eagles? Were you on a tour, and, if so, whichh one? All of the pix were incredible. I can't believe you got upclose to a bear (or is it two), so many eagles, the glaciers, the gorgeous waterfall, and the whales!!!! I hope we are as fortunate.

I would sincerely be interested in where you encountered the eagles.

Thanks!:)

Something recently brought to my attention- but since I can't figure out how to edit my original list I have to put it here- The Emerald Lake Lodge is no more, it should now be listed as Spirit Lake Wilderness Resort and it should be noted there is no restaurant at the Lake. Thanks! Info provided by Jan Aalt van den Hoorn-Spirit Lake Wilderness Resort

What fantastic photos, I read these boards but don't often comment on them. We have just returned from Alaska 27.5 - 7.6 cruise north to south and aren't great photographers, but loved looking at yours, especially the seal with salmon in its mouth! We'll just have to keep practising and go back to Alaska next year!

Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You are too much Booth22!!! I can't even tell you what you have done for me!!!

I am planning a 2008 surprise cruise for my husband, it will be our 15th Anniv. that Aug.!!!! He has always wanted to go to Alaska, I love cruising, so the best of both worlds have merged!!!! A cruise to Alaska!!!

I can't believe all the info you gathered....how did you even start??? A word document or what??? And your photos are incredible!!!! If you took over 2600 pictures I am in trouble!!! I am hoping to do the 14 night ultimate cruise!!! On our 7 night Caribbean I took over 400 pictures, that was our first cruise!!

Well again THANK YOU!!!!!!! I truly appreciate it!!!!

Booth 22, THANKS A MILLION for your info.:)

I have been checking out cruise critics site since this past March, and somehow never got to this part of it.:o

We are going to Alaska June 2007 and the info. we have "collected" consists of magazines, a little info. from some friends that went this June and my Sister who went 15 yrs. ago.

I have checked out some of the cities etc. on line, but found NOTHING like the information you have provided.

Thanks again,

crabbie1

Glad to help everyone! My wife compiled the list so it looks somewhat organized, otherwise it was just random sticky notes taken while surfing the net. Glad everyone could use the info, it was the least we could do to give back to the boards. hope you all have a blast on your cruises!!!!!

• 1 month later...
Glad to help everyone! My wife compiled the list so it looks somewhat organized, otherwise it was just random sticky notes taken while surfing the net. Glad everyone could use the info, it was the least we could do to give back to the boards. hope you all have a blast on your cruises!!!!!

booth, thanks for sharing your pictures. I especially like your "eagle" pictures! How were you able to get such close-ups?

Glad everyone could use the info! The eagle posed in a tree right above us for quite some time so getting a picture was nice and easy. The glacier in Juneau was Mendenhall and you can walk right up to the glacier for some nice pictures. Glad you like them!!

Hey I just thought I'd add a Victoria attraction.....Rogers Chocolates. Oh my goodness I wish I had one of their vanilla cremes right now!

I wrote them and asked if they couldn't open another shop in Prince Rupert! I sure wish the cruise we are looking at went to Victoria instead of Prince Rupert.

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived