Live" From the Monarch of the Seas- July 20-23, 2012

Thanks for a fun review!

Thanks for enjoying the great time I had.

Be sure to join me starting November 8th when I start my "Live from the Carnival Sensation to the 11th, continuing on to the Carnival Freedom from November 11th to 17th. That ought to be a fun adventure, nine nights at sea!! Wahoo!

Just goes to show you what a day in the ocean can make. We made CocoCay with no issues whatsoever. The whole day was gorgeous. Our cruise was great from head to toe. So sorry you had to miss CocoCay. Our favorite bartender Leo told us about the ship dipping to the side and bottles breaking and rolling. I do believe that it's still up to the person to make or break their cruise. We had great table mates that had only cruised once before. If there was something they didn't care for in the dining room they just ordered something different. Our servers were excellent. I didn't care for the appetizer they have in place of the escargot dish so I didn't eat it. Did it ruin my dinner, heck no. Cruising is still the best money for a vacation in our opinion.

Happy cruising!

Looks like I'll be back on the Monarch a 2nd time this year, wahoo!!

Will report with a 2nd "Live" from Monarch on October 26th.

Meeting up With ship friends I met back in 2010 that got engaged on the ship. (I helped in groom pulling it off) Reunited trip on the Monarch to celebrate their engagement and now marriage before Monarch retires.

Wahoo, another excuse for another cruise this year. :-)

Looking forward to new ship adventures on this short cruise before the longer cruise in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse typographical errors.

• 1 month later...
All musters on Monarch are on deck 7.

Interested in your blog. I saw a cruise on Oct 29 for $119 on Monarch but some friends said it was a "junk" ship. I would have to travel solo as can't find any cruisemate (widow). This would be my 8th cruise but they were all on Disney...first class. I don't want to be too disappointed but you sound as if it was pretty nice? Sounds like you made your own fun!

Interested in your blog. I saw a cruise on Oct 29 for $119 on Monarch but some friends said it was a "junk" ship. I would have to travel solo as can't find any cruisemate (widow). This would be my 8th cruise but they were all on Disney...first class. I don't want to be too disappointed but you sound as if it was pretty nice? Sounds like you made your own fun!

Those are great rates, I too was looking at some of those. I was originally booked for another Monarch cruise on the 26th of October but had to recently cancel it. Still have been looking at other dates too for a possible return to Monarch.

Monarch is an old ship, there isn't any doubt with that, but she is really a nice ship in good condition for her age and she has that "real ship" feel to her. One thing you can't do when sailing on her is to compare her to other ships, cruises or cruise lines, go into sailing with her with a positive fun attitude and go with the flow. Enjoy her and take things as they come and you'll have a good time. The crew on the Monarch are very nice. $ 119 is a good rate even with the other solo supplement you can't beat it. You are correct in making my own fun, a cruise is what one makes if it no matter what. It can be as low key or high key as one wants it. The rooms are small compared to any other ship I've been on, so as I said go into it with the right expectations and you'll have a grand time.

Have a great cruise and if you go on the Monarch, It'd be interesting to hear about your awesome experience.

Great live thread of you vacation on the Monarch. Can't wait to read the rest.

Your time on Coco Cay reminds me of my Monarch Dec 2010 cruise and our stop at Coco Cay. I never went to the island but saw the return trips back to the Monarch when they had to move the Monarch and use the other Tenders to shelter the other Tenders from the waves to get the guests back on board. That day the storm came suddenly in the afternoon. By the time we left we were an hour or two behind schedule.

Well enjoy the rest you your vacations on the Monarch

P.S. That storm has now rolled past Central Florida, I believe

We may have been on the cruise with you. Was that also the one when we rescued the boat people?

• 2 weeks later...

As my next cruise approaches in almost a month I'm in the process of better preparing myself for my next review. Please excuse me as I bring this old thread back again. I'm testing my photo upload abilities on my iPhone to photobucket and then to link to see how well it will work.

I'm starting out adding photos from when I was on the beautiful CoCo Cay and the brilliant storm rolled in forcing the island to be evacuated. That was a fun adventure!

D6D524BF-A676-40FA-834D-0D76AF2176E2-63814-00005A41DBB4CE8E.jpg

F71B0F14-B6E3-41AA-9EF1-104082CE6B3B-63814-00005A41E02C7D32.jpg

F7B9AA22-CEE1-4FEB-93A5-4CFBD0FA3CFB-63814-00005A41F78C838E.jpg

8E2CB97E-DC4D-4C6F-A1F8-24E8BB332FF8-63814-00005A41FB5DE29D.jpg

7CF4FF3D-AF5B-47C3-A928-B42139B820B7-63814-00005A41FEDFDF19.jpg

ECB8CFD1-BFC9-4005-85DA-C9948AE239A6-63814-00005A42213008FF.jpg

Now this was pretty funny, I took the water ferry from the pier to Paradise island round trip. While waiting for the boat to fill up the two deck mates in the front of the boat got to enjoy a nice cold beer. Beer wrapped in a nice brown paper bag.

18EBB860-B234-4607-92A7-F4E6DCC1A0EE-63814-00005A485E450AAF.jpg

0F2D92BF-FDFE-4A47-85EB-C16FC064AF90-63814-00005A4840F7D04C.jpg

DEB548A3-086B-417B-B41D-5B71BCF075BF-63814-00005A4849FC9767.jpg

D3736F94-D756-4D33-ABBC-639121BA97F7-63814-00005A484592418F.jpg

CAF00473-6364-4DD4-BE04-AAD1E11F05F8-63814-00005A48563039DD.jpg

AE825B8E-D896-4399-A659-A6E857759FE6-63814-00005A485A76E25A.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone…

Thank you all for joining me on my previous “Live” cruise report when I was aboard the lovely Monarch of the seas. It is that time again where I am fortunate to be going aboard a ship again this year. While I know most that view and read the Royal Caribbean board primarily cruise Royal Caribbean, some may be interested in a “Live” cruise adventure aboard a Carnival ship(s).

Please join me on my next “Live” cruise report and adventures! I'll be boarding the Carnival Sensation and Carnival Freedom: November 8-17, 2012 in a two ship non-traditional back to back cruise adventure Thursday morning!

Please view the link below to follow along this exciting “Live” cruise report.

“Live” from the Carnival Sensation & Carnival Freedom: Nov 8-17,2012: B2B

Cruise report is located at the link below.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1734869

My itinerary during the next 9 days and 9 nights:

Novembercruiseitinerary2012updated_zps40429ea7.jpg

Thanks for joining me on my great cruise adventure, till a later time...

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone…

Thank you all for joining me on my previous “Live” cruise reports when I was aboard the lovely Monarch of the seas, Carnival Sensation & Carnival Freedom. It is that time again where I am fortunate to be going aboard another ship again for some new adventures.

Whilst I know most that view and read the Royal Caribbean board primarily cruise Royal Caribbean, some may be interested in a “Live” cruise adventure aboard a Carnival ship.

Please join me on my next “Live” cruise report and adventures! I'll be boarding the Carnival Ecstasy: December 3-8, 2012 cruise adventure Monday morning!

Please view the link below to follow along this exciting “Live” cruise adventure.

“Live” from the Carnival Ecstasy: Dec 3-8,2012

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1746672

Our itinerary during the next 5 days and 5 nights:

esctasyitinarary.jpg

Thanks for joining me on my great cruise adventure, till a later time...

Archived