Decaffeinated Iced Tea

boltnut55

My drink of choice is iced tea with lemon and my special concoction of sugar/Equal, but if I have it for dinner, I'm gonna have problems sleeping (dinner is at 8:30!). Is it reasonable for me to ask my waiter to brew a decaffeinated iced tea for me every night? I swear I'll tip him more! I know the service is very good, but I don't want to be unreasonable.

And is iced tea free? I've been told tea, coffee, milk and juice are. I'll be on the Celebrity Infinity. Thanks.

My drink of choice is iced tea with lemon and my special concoction of sugar/Equal, but if I have it for dinner, I'm gonna have problems sleeping (dinner is at 8:30!). Is it reasonable for me to ask my waiter to brew a decaffeinated iced tea for me every night? I swear I'll tip him more! I know the service is very good, but I don't want to be unreasonable.

And is iced tea free? I've been told tea, coffee, milk and juice are. I'll be on the Celebrity Infinity. Thanks.

Just ask for a cup of decaffeinated tea and a large glass of ice - this is what DH does in a Chinese restaurant with the tea they serve there as he likes it iced. Might have to get two cups of ice, but it is freshly brewed and actually much better than what is usually served (reconstituted from concentrate).

And, yes, the iced tea is free.

They don't have decaffenated iced tea on the ships. The suggestion of brewing a cup of hot tea and pouring it over ice is what I do to get iced tea when I really want it. This works pretty well. I do it at home as well because I don't drink caffeine at all.

• 1 month later...

Archived