Seattle Lodging - Valet Question

I object 2

We're arriving in Seattle a few days pre-cruise and are staying at the Seattle Mariott Waterfront. The Marriott has valet parking, which we've never used at hotels in the past. Can any tell me how much one should tip the valet? I realize "tipping" questions can open a can of worms, but this inquiring mind would really like to know. :)

We're arriving in Seattle a few days pre-cruise and are staying at the Seattle Mariott Waterfront. The Marriott has valet parking, which we've never used at hotels in the past. Can any tell me how much one should tip the valet? I realize "tipping" questions can open a can of worms, but this inquiring mind would really like to know. :)

You are not under any obligation to tip the valet, particularly if you are paying to park there and there is little or no other option to park.

Maybe not, but I customarily tip them $2 - $3.

There are self-park garages within 2 blocks of the hotel. I think the Republic garage is $20 a day, but with any garage check to see if they close up at night.

BTW, you don't really need a car if you're staying in the city. The bus is free in the downtown zone. There's also a free bus #99 that runs along the waterfront and up to Pike Place Market.

http://metro.kingcounty.gov/tops/bus/ride-free-area/map.html

Maybe not, but I customarily tip them $2 - $3.

Ditto. You're not legally obligated, but a modest tip if the service is good is just the right thing to do.

The hotel may be getting a lot of money from you for the parking, but that's not the same as the valet getting it--and the valet is the one who is out there in all kinds of weather, doing the work.

Archived