bermuda wifi dockyard

twofathoms

• 4 weeks later...
Can you connect to the Wi-Fi from the outer deck of the ship?

I was able to get a pretty good connection from the shore side of the promenade deck when we were there in June. Each afternoon when we returned to the ship we'd sit on the lounge chairs there for a little Internet time. I was teaching an online class at the time and needed to check in with my students fairly regularly -- was very glad to have this convenient and reasonably priced option.

Edit to add: I've heard of others being able to access from their balconies. Didn't try this as our balcony was on the outfacing side of the ship.

• 1 month later...
if I have an IPhone and turn off my data to airplane mode, will i be able to purchase the wi fi with out roaming charges? Not very tech savy with the internet stuff. Just dont want a huge phone bill as a result.

Yes. Airplane Mode turns off all the radios but you can then simply turn WiFi back on.

There are other strategies if one wants to use text messaging or make phone calls -- but the safest option is to use Airplane Mode and then turn WiFi back on. And it's easy to test at home before you begin your trip.

Archived